Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Beyond Relatively Awesome

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Beyond Relatively Awesome

Postby Staff » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 am

Star Wars Relativity V2

Paul Vermeesch has crafted this mind-blowing LEGO Star Wars spin on M.C.Escher's "Relativity." Here's what he has to say about it:

Six months in the making, I present my largest creation to date: a 1x1x1 foot model of M.C. Escher's print "Relativity" reenacted in the Lego Star Wars theme. A far larger, cleaner, and more detailed rehashing of my 2010 version, this diorama is fully lit from the inside, presents the original Star Wars trilogy in a roughly counterclockwise format, and even features a minifig-scale theatre in the back which plays Lego's CG version of the Star Wars saga. Enjoy!

Escher print

He's managed to cram the entire Original Trilogy into one stunning diorama. This is truly a work of art. It beautifully captures the spirit of both Escher and of the Original Trilogy. Be sure to check out his MOCpages page for many more photos.

This would be one heck of a Cuusoo entry, wouldn't it?

Found via ThinkGeek.com's Facebook page.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/07/beyond-relatively-awesome/
Staff

Re: Beyond Relatively Awesome

Postby Rook » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Ah love Escher! Mix it with Star Wars and Lego! O.O All its missing is a like ______, ______s, and rock & roll! :shock: XD
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby mikado » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Holy Eischer Batman thats freaking sweet :shock: :O XD :shock:
mikado

Postby Brick_Obession » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

I am almost speechless. That thing is insane. If it were to come on the market I would be all over it like a fat kid on a smartie. Just incredible.
"The future is a consequence of the present"
Brick_Obession

Postby GrayMattR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:14 am

Just reproducing Escher's Relativity would have been enough but to turn it into a Star Wars theme and include stuff from the original trilogy blows us away. Fantastic!
GrayMattR

Postby stevenli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:59 pm

You have my vote. Any way to Post building instructions and/or parts for this amazing build? Wow.
stevenli

Postby sparkart » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:26 am

Yeah, I'm not impressed. So many little details wrong. Like Leia wearing bun hair, but dressed in Hoth fatigues. And pilots piloting Taun-tauns. And pilots showing up in Tatooine?! Is that Biggs? He never wore that on Tatooine. And Chewie should have a black crossbow.

And yes, of course, I'm kidding. This is a terrific showpiece! I actually like the pilots giving that little dash of color. And I can't tell you which detail I like the most, but I think it's Luke's severed hand and lightsaber. Wow, working movie theater?! Too cool.
sparkart

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase