Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel's Avengers on DVD/Blu-ray Details

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel's Avengers on DVD/Blu-ray Details

Postby Staff » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 am

Marvel's Avengers 10-disc set

While I'm still basking in the afterglow from watching the Avengers movie, I was surprised to find out a few days ago that some details for the DVD sets have been "released". Most of the details have been gleaned from Amazon.com so I'll just summarize the key points here for you along with their current pre-order price. And if you pre-order now, you're guaranteed the lowest price should it drop any further between the time you order and the time it ships, which is rumored to be around September 25th.

First up is your basic single disc DVD edition of the movie which will net you the audio commentary by director Joss Whedon and a featurette titled "Assembling the Ultimate Team". Pre-order price is $20.99. Marvel's The Avengers

Next is a 2-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo package in two flavors: DVD packaging (red) or Blu-ray packaging (blue). Both are currently priced at $27.99 and will also net you the same bare bones bonuses.

The 4-disc set is where things get interesting. You get the movie on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and also a digital copy. The possible list of bonuses include:

- AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON
- MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47
- SECOND SCREEN
- GAG REEL
- DELETED SCENES:
*Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogation
*Extended Scene - Loki & Barton Strategize
*Steve Rogers - Man Out of Time
*Nick Fury & World Security Council
*Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage
*Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
*Extended Scene - Banner and Security Guard
*Alternate Ending - Maria Hill Interrogation
- FEATURETTES:
*A Visual Journey
*Assembling the Ultimate Team
- SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO - "Live to Rise"

The price for this set is $34.99. Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

And finally, for those of us that need to splurge on the biggest and the baddest, there is a 10-disc, 6-movie collection containing Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and, of course, Avengers. I have no idea what else is in this monstrous set. I would imagine more details will be release on or around July 11th when San Diego Comic Con kicks off later this year. The price for this set? MSRP looks to be $219 if Amazon is to be believed, but the current pre-order price will set you back $153.30. Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) [Blu-ray]

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/07/marvels-avengers-on-dvdblu-ray-details/
Staff

Re: Marvel's Avengers on DVD/Blu-ray Details

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 am

I don't currently have any of the Blu Ray discs for any of these movies, and if the versions in this set (the big one) have the most amount of bonus features, I'm likely to buy it. $153/6 = $25.50 per movie and each of them individually run from $20-$35 for the super-bonus multi disc sets.

So long as the features on the big set includes everything on the super versions of the individual movies (and there will likely be some kind of incentive bonus as well) I'm sold.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Brainslugged » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 am

I'm sure it's possible to get the BD, 3D, digital and all the extras on one disc. I don't understand why the movie industry bith and moans about declining home entertainment sales when they continue to try and shovel expensive and over-priced packages to consumers. I don't want a pack of 4 discs cluttering up the place, and especially not a DVD version if I own a BD player. I just want one disc in the highest possible quality with all the extras for $15. If not, then it's just Redbox time. For many others I'm sure it's torrent time, but I prefer to save that for more adult-themed content :)

Maybe I'm missing something, but does anyone who buys these BD packs ever watch the DVD version? Or is it just a massive amount of waste to give us the impression we're getting value for money? Maybe someone with a different opinion could enlighten me.
Brainslugged

Postby Qzak » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 am

Brainslugged wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but does anyone who buys these BD packs ever watch the DVD version? Or is it just a massive amount of waste to give us the impression we're getting value for money? Maybe someone with a different opinion could enlighten me.

The DVD does come in handy with the travel DVD players the kids watch in the car when we go on long trips.
Qzak

Postby Flynn » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 pm

JamesBenjamin wrote:So long as the features on the big set includes everything on the super versions of the individual movies (and there will likely be some kind of incentive bonus as well) I'm sold.

See, that's the thing I've heard- if you love your bonus features, you're better off getting the individual DVDs or Blu-Rays, as the full 10-disk pack may not include everything. After all, there's 6 disks for the movies, as well as three more for the 3D versions of Captain America, Thor, and Avengers, leaving one disk for special features. Even if they include more on the other disks themselves, there's still not enough space to include all of the special features that have been released on the individual sets.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby GV357 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 pm

just tell me which once comes with the nick fury minifig, and that's the one i'll be buying
GV357

Postby corneliusmurdock » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Any idea if the disk with the bonus features will be a DVD rather than a Blu-ray?

Disney normally puts their bonus features for their films on Blu-ray in their combo packs. If that's the case here, I might as well save $15 and get single DVD since I wouldn't be able to see the bonus features anyway.
corneliusmurdock

Return to Licensed Themes