Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Wings of Justice Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Wings of Justice Contest

Postby MathBuilder » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:59 am

I am finally ready to present my entry:

Cerebro-JET

The most powerful and dangerous plane-weapon in the planet. Can only be used by telepaths, as its only controls are a special helmet that reads your brainwaves. It combines the powers of the original Cerebro with the speed and stealth of the RS-150 Blackbird.

It is Professor Charles Xavier personal method of transportation and seldom lends it to anybody, even Jean Grey is forbidden to take it for a ride.
CEREBRO-JET Main View by MathBuilder, on Flickr

Prof. X interacts with Cerebro. by MathBuilder, on Flickr

Some features of the plane are the retractable wings and nose. The wings retract in two stages as can be seen in the other flickr pictures. When retracted it is supposed to look like a brain. I introduced a lot of irregularities in the design to make it more like a realistic brain. Also you can see in the extra pictures the landing system and the entrance for Professor X's wheelchair. In picture 2 you see a close-up of Charles Xavier wearing the helmet and driving Cerebro-JET. There is also a close-up of him outside of the plane on the flickr set, in that picture, you can see the chair, suit and legs (with shoes) better. If you want to see the back of the wheelchair there is a picture of it on flickr too.

I hope you like it.

It was a very nice contest and it kept me building a lot these last few days. Thank you FBTB! :D
Last edited by MathBuilder on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MathBuilder

Postby graznador » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:36 am

Introducing the Plas-Zeppelin!

Plas-Zeppelin 2 by graznador2, on Flickr

When Gorilla Grodd plots to use an anti-technology ray to make Gotham City susceptible to his army of pterodactyl-riding super-apes, the Batplane is useless. Luckily, Batman can call upon his stretchy pal Eel O'Brian, better known as Plastic Man. The Plas-Zeppelin flies into battle so these Brave and Bold heroes can defeat that malevolent monkey.

Plas-Zeppelin 2 by graznador2, on Flickr
graznador

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 am

graznador wrote:Introducing the Plas-Zeppelin!

Amazazing!
crazybirdman

Postby JackJonespaw » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

Captain America's "Patriot":

A bit after Cap became a war hero, Howard Stark designed a fast, hi-tech (for the 1940s) plane for Steve Rogers. Armed with the latest weapons and gear, this red and blue plane is always ready to take down some Hydra soldiers.

When I was thinking about this contest, I decided that Captain America wouldn't want a huge plane that would be easily seen in the sky, so I took one of the greatest World War II planes, the 4FU Corsair, modified it, and changed the colors a bit to suit Cap better.

Enjoy!
JackJonespaw

Postby Dalek Cann » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am

Here's my entry: Captain America's Personal Starfighter!

Side 4 by Dalek Cann, on Flickr

Cockpit 2 by Dalek Cann, on Flickr

Built for him by Tony Stark using the same fuel source as his own reactor core.

[Apologies for the poor video edit, downloaded the programme this evening and am a bit new at it :)]
Dalek Cann

Postby scibb241 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:19 pm

The Iron Wing:

The Iron Wing by scibb241, on Flickr

Cockpit view:

Cockpit. The Iron Wing by scibb241, on Flickr

The Iron Wing is a support vehicle for Tony Stark's Iron Man. There are times (Like an alien invasion in New York via an interdimensional portal) where Iron Man needs more firepower than the suit can provide.
The Iron Wing is powered by two Mid-size Arc Reactors, which also serve as Uni-beam projectors. At the tip of each wing are two twin-linked repulsor cannons, and hidden behind the wings are a pair of missile batteries.
The Wing moves through the air via repulsors, similar to those in the suit. A number of these are able to move independently allowing unparalleled manoeuvrability. They can also be used as pulse weapons, as on the suit.

Apologies for the pics, having trouble with photography today!
scibb241

Postby SuperDave » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:46 pm

She-Hulk's Private Jet

She-Hulk's Private Jet_3/4_main by super_dave42, on Flickr

She-Hulk, also known as Jennifer Walters, cousin of the Incredible Hulk, is well-known in the Marvel comics universe as a friendly, kind, idealistic lawyer dedicated to defending the downtrodden (no matter if it requires suing or smashing).

But what super-powered lawyer doesn't have a private jet? This vehicle, modeled on the Beechcraft Starship but upgraded and enhanced by She-Hulk's former Fantastic Four team leader Reed Richards, features wing-mounted Fantastiboosters, working hatches, and a luxurious cabin. The Fantastiboosters allow Jennifer to push her plane far beyond the original factory specifications, while the rear hatch provides quick exits into dangerous situations (while airborne or on the ground). The cabin features simulated wood-grain flooring, artwork, conference table, and deluxe leather seating.

She-Hulk's Private Jet_She-Hulk by super_dave42, on Flickr

More photos here.
SuperDave

Postby Fat Tony » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Awesome!
I'm afraid to ask but how is it propelled?
Fat Tony

Postby Darth Mitz » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:14 pm

As always massive thanks go out to the FBTB team for the contest.

Here's my entry:- Captain America's "Wings of Justice"

Inflight
FBTB Wings of Justice entry (in flight) by MitzD, on Flickr

Cap at the controls
FBTB Wings of Justice entry (Cap at the the controls, Landscape) by MitzD, on Flickr

Good luck to everyone.
Darth Mitz

Postby GV357 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:03 pm

[quote="graznador"]Introducing the Plas-Zeppelin!

so awesome and creative, great representation!
GV357

Postby yanakin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:52 pm

""Dragonfly" (Green Lantern)

"Dragonfly" by Yanakin, on Flickr

my superhero:

Green Lantern 2 by Yanakin, on Flickr
yanakin

Postby xj550 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Aces for originality and execution. Good luck.

xj550

Postby BrickJunky » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 pm

American Flyer by BrickJunky, on Flickr

Captain America flying the American Flyer. WWII style fighter. Ran out of time to edit. I will put more pics on flicker soon, and a video of folding wheels. Hope you like it!!
captain standing by BrickJunky, on Flickr
BrickJunky

Postby DanBinks » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Hawkeye's Jet Glider

HawkeyeJetGlider1 by DanBinks, on Flickr

HawkeyeJetGlider2 by DanBinks, on Flickr

At first I thought about making something for Miss Martian (I even made a MiniFig from spare parts), but I didn't have any good design ideas. I also made a Mini Jet for Tony Stark (which is on flickr). I really wanted something distinctive and came up with this Bow and arrow design.
Last edited by DanBinks on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanBinks

Postby graznador » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 pm

crazybirdman wrote:Amazazing!

GV357 wrote:so awesome and creative, great representation!

xj550 wrote:Aces for originality and execution. Good luck.

Thanks!

Fat Tony wrote:
Awesome!
I'm afraid to ask but how is it propelled?

You don't want to know...
graznador

Postby Igginz » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:59 pm

SamBlunks wrote:Hawkeye's Jet Glider

clever shape. I like it :)
Igginz

Postby bigx99 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm

retro bat plane by bigx99, on Flickr

superhero by bigx99, on Flickr
bigx99

Postby toastkateer » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 pm

This is Iron Man's Falcon Jet Mark IV. As always, Tony Stark saves all of the best technology for himself. The Falcon Jet connects directly into tony's suit, enabling the HUD inside his helmet to integrate directly into the jet controls. The weapons on his jet include a deployable missile launch bay, bomb bay, and two repulsor weapons mounted on the sides that also deploy for battle. The jet is of course powered by an arc reactor mounted directly behind the cockpit, giving Tony the ability to recharge the reactor in his chest while seated in the Falcon Jet. The wings are multi-directional, giving Tony the versatility in the Falcon Jet that he so loves about his suit. The wings act not only as a landing stand, but also can fold in for hypersonic flight. You'll have to check out my flikr page to see the many deployable weapons and alternate flight forms, as there are only two pictures allowed to enter the contest.

Iron Man's Falcon Jet Mark IV (7) by The Wright House, on Flickr

Of course, Iron Man doesn't always have the luxury of going to an airstrip or landing site. Add to that fact, the frequency in which Iron Man runs out of energy in his suit, Tony downloaded JARVIS into the jet, enabling auto-pilot, and romote pickup. All Tony has to do is get into the air, and the Cockpit opens completely, allowing him to slide right into the seat, then the cockpit seals itself back around him to ready him for hypersonic flight up to mach 10.1 (which just breaks the x-43's record for the fastest air breathing manned aircraft).

This photo is of a typical landed mode, with the cockpit retracted and a handsome looking Tony Stark

Iron Man's Falcon Jet Mark IV (13) by The Wright House, on Flickr

You can also see Iron Man's Falcon Jet marks I through III on my Flikr page!
Last edited by toastkateer on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toastkateer

Postby burningchrome » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Ghost Rider's Jet of Vengeance!

See more at the flickr set
Less talking, More Mocing!
burningchrome

Postby papasmurf1964 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 pm

papasmurf1964

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds