Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO's Next Precious: LEGO Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO's Next Precious: LEGO Lord of the Rings & The Hobbi

Postby emmtwosix » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Pro_Ice wrote:I don't know if this is old news or 'new news' but US minisite got updated with CGI pics and bio for every LOTR minifig. And, I must say, they are gorgeous. Check that out!

Oh, that printing is gorgeous! Especially King Théoden, Haldir, & Éomer. Thanks for the heads up!
emmtwosix

Postby BuffyFanForever » Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 am

Got 5 of the 7 sets so far and love them. I used Walmart site to store and got 5 of the 7 sets. I am gonna get the other two at some point.
BuffyFanForever

Postby Plo Koon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 am

Love all the sets, huge LOTR fan. That said I'll probably just get the 2 Helm's Deep Sets since Star Wars is taking away all my cash this summer.
Plo Koon

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Got a chance to see a built Helm's Deep in person. It truly is gorgeous. Here's hoping TLG will release other sets that can be used to add on to it....
SevFalcon

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm

I've been "out" of legos for a couple years now (haven't really bought any since the new pirates came out a couple years back) but I'm interning at one of Amazon's fulfillment warehouses, and I happened to see many of these Lord of the Rings sets on our shelves today. I have to admit, despite hating Lego after the bley color changes years ago and growing out of almost all new sets, I will definitely have to get a couple of these. I've been waiting for them to do these for the past 10 years. Too cool.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Picked up a couple of the Helm's Deep wall to begin armybuilding Uruks. Decent little set, and they really went out of their way to force a stairway in there. I'm disgusted with the dull Weathertop set - I hope that Summer 2013 will bring a small Fords of Bruinen set or something to provide an alternate method to collect the Nazgul. The Mines of Moria seems cool but I'm tempted just to move next to the whopper and grab Helm's Deep.
Darth Caedus

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:44 pm

^^^ The Mines of Moria is a neat set because of the variety of characters in there. So if you want to complete the fellowship, you're forced to get it. :S
SevFalcon

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes