Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2012 Summer Set Pictures

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: 2012 Summer Set Pictures

Postby Gooker1 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 am

I'm a sucker and I'm stoked that the minifigs finally aren't based on CW! it's good to see normal sized eyes. :)

I BUY!!
Gooker1

Postby naugem » Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am

LOL I thought the figures looked odd but didn't know why :facepalm:
Personally, I like the CW faces better.
naugem

Postby cas » Tue May 29, 2012 10:07 am

Looks basically as I imagined it, maybe a little less. Everything that needs to be there, is there. It'll probably be overpriced. Can't wait.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby daevster » Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Hmmmm... I'm both excited and disappointed for this "Arrest" set. Excited for the figs (Palpy, I'm pointing to you), but disappointed with the office layout.
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby Flynn » Tue May 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Looks precisely how I imagined it back when it was first considered. Rather impressed with the design, actually, as well as the fact there's no unnecessary figures. Won't get it myself (based on a scene I don't particularly care for, probably is overpriced as heck), but it doesn't look that bad.

I do have to say, though, the conceit of this as a set does amuse me. I wonder how they'll advertise the action features - "Brutally cut down your Jedi opponents! With special "launch Mace Windu out to his horrible flamey death" feature!"
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby crazybirdman » Tue May 29, 2012 10:51 pm

maybe playfully cut down Jedi?
crazybirdman

Postby alldarker » Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

Looking at the write-up on the frontpage, it says: "Considering we haven’t gotten official pictures yet, I’d reckon this is an accidental early release. It was slated for August 2012, and is rumored to be a retailer exclusive."
I don't actually believe it is an accidental early release. Here in Europe (well, at least the Netherlands), the Summer wave of Star Wars sets have ALL hit retail as of this Monday, the 28th. And German T'r'U stores had these new sets over a week ago.
I think Lego is just following another staggered release of sets, due to production and marketing issues (they've probably realised it's better to seperate the release of popular new waves of sets by several months). TLC have released the LotR sets in the US in May, while Europe is scheduled to get these in August, while doing the exact opposite with the Star Wars sets (i.e. releasing them in Europe starting from late May, while only releasing them in the US from late July / early August). There's no reason to delay the European release of Palpatine's Arrest until August: releasing it in two months time would have it contend with the LotR sets, without the benefit of a whole SW wave push.

Anyhow, there seems to be some negativity about this set. Even though I am totally averse to the Prequel Trilogy movies, I do like this set quite a lot. Good figures, without ugly Clone Wars style faces, in a nice playset with a cool little craft. I most definitely wouldn't buy it at the current €-price, but at discount, I'd find a place for it no problem.
alldarker

Postby Artoo-Detour » Wed May 30, 2012 6:58 am

alldarker is correct. it's just a staggered release where Germany gets it early than in the US.
I work at a Lego Brand Retail store and it's extremely rare for us to accidentally release an item. We have directives and guidelines to ensure everything is released properly.
We're also keenly aware of release dates because we can't wait to purchase new items XD
Artoo-Detour

Postby RocketClone » Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 pm

That Republic striker fighter reminds me of the Z-95 headhunter..

So far, the summer wave of sets look great, but the "arrest set" is grossly overpriced.
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby Boyfromvalley » Wed May 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Pretty much of the SW summer sets are now available at http://www.amazon.co.uk for delivery to the UK. But all however are largely overpriced by the retailer selling them. For example £30 for the ROTJ Desert Skifff, £50 for the Republic Star Fighter, £140 for Jabba's Palace and £95 for the Sith Fury. Not to mention the excess cost for postage.

I'm hope when they are available from Lego and other UK stores a fairer price is offered.
Boyfromvalley

Postby alldarker » Thu May 31, 2012 4:20 am

For the items you are refering to, Amazon.co.uk is only the sales portal for Amazon seller 'Mexpo Bricksworld'.
For MUCH better deals, I'd refer you to Amazon.es, which give you the option of either buying from 'Mexpo Bricksworld' OR from Amazon.es directly at much better prices! Especially the Malevolence is favorably priced, at an incredibly low €89.68 (instead of €139.10 with Mexpo Bricksworld). Amazon.es also ships to most countries in Europe, by the way.

Amazon.es doesn't yet have these sets in stock, but they are expected in stock on June 1st, and I received an expected arrival date of between June 4th and 5th!
alldarker

Postby Plo Koon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 am

Love the Arrest set! BTW I'm back! :)
Plo Koon

Postby Andi » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:58 am

I had a deep look at the Arrest set yesterday. It reminds me at Cloud City.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby batsamd » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Looks like the instructions for the Summer wave are available at LEGO.com, except for the planet sets.

I downloaded the Skiff, Jabba's Palace and Sith Fury ship instructions.

Only interested in the Sith Fury because it reminds of the Rogue Shadow from The Force Unleashed 2.
batsamd

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 am

Palpatine's Arrest appears to be just about what everyone expected. That said, it looks pretty lack-luster to me. The figs are sweet, but the office is sort of ho-hum and that speeder is just goofy.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Star Wars