Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pre-order LEGO Lord Of The Rings Sets @ Target.com

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Pre-order LEGO Lord Of The Rings Sets @ Target.com

Postby Staff » Thu May 03, 2012 11:44 am

Target.com has made all of the LEGO Lord of the Rings sets available for pre-order with a release date of Friday, June 1st. As always there are some of us who cannot wait and those who can, so if you fall into the former catagory I've listed the links to these highly anticipated sets below. With exclusive Star Wars and Super Heroes figures popping up, you have to wonder if we'll see any cool LOTR exclusives or polys. A Return of the King Aragorn or Saruman perhaps? Yes please!

9469 Gandalf Arrives
9470 Shelob Attacks
9471 Uruk-Hai Army
9742 Attack on Weathertop
9473 The Mines of Moria
9474 The Battle of Helms Deep
9476 The Orc Forge

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/03/pre-orde ... arget-com/
Staff

Re: Pre-order LEGO Lord Of The Rings Sets @ Target.com

Postby plebeianprint » Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Ouch. Weathertop is $60 for 430 pieces. You get two new horses, but that price point still hurts.
plebeianprint

Postby djmangunz » Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Any idea if these sets could be out of stock if I wait a week to pre-order? I know the Wal Mart Marvel sets pre-orders sold out relatively quickly.
sleeves optional
djmangunz

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri May 04, 2012 4:51 am

These sets all seem pretty hefty in price save for Gandalf and Shelob. Fortunately Gandalf's the only one I want really, though I'd have liked to pick up a Boromir too. Maybe they'll do a Prince of Gondor polybag with him in armour as in Two Towers extended. (I can dream :P)
CaptainFordo

Postby Tomahawker » Fri May 04, 2012 5:48 am

And... there gone!

The links from the front page don't work, and I couldn't find them with a search on Target.com. Looks like Target may have jumped the gun.
Tomahawker

Postby LEGOlas » Fri May 04, 2012 7:10 am

>8( Target! For one shining moment, I thought I was going to have an early start on my Uruk-Hai army! Curse you, Target the Platypus!
LEGOlas

Postby ufjason » Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 am

Well, TRU has them up for preorder now too. BTW, the Orc Forge is a Target exclusive.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby majortom » Fri May 11, 2012 4:01 am

It looks like people have begun getting their hands on these sets; I've seem them mentioned on flickr and there are some reviews circulating on youtube.
Has anybody else managed to get hold of these sets? I'm specifically interested in any sightings in the UK. Currently, I can't see any UK-based websites offering them for advance order.
I'm hoping they'll be on sale during the hulk minifig promotion!
majortom

Postby puffdaddy » Sat May 12, 2012 6:17 am

I saw them yesterday at my local Toys R Us. They had all of the Lord of the Rings, Monster Fighters, 2012 City, etc. The only problem with the LOTR ones, they had insane markups. Helms Deep had a $30 markup! Moria had a $20 markup! All I picked up was Gandalf Arrives, because it had only a $4 markup and I couldn't pass up getting it.
puffdaddy

Postby LEGOlas » Fri May 25, 2012 6:58 am

They had all but the Mines of Moria and Helm's Deep at the Nashville LEGO store. I bought Uruk-Hai army, Shelob Attacks, and am getting Gandalf Arrives on Sunday.
LEGOlas

Postby Flynn » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm

plebeianprint wrote:Ouch. Weathertop is $60 for 430 pieces. You get two new horses, but that price point still hurts.

I still can't figure out what's making that price so egregious, because there's barely anything to justify something that high. You'd think it'd be the figures, but the rest of the line is (somewhat) fairly priced, so it seems odd for this to be the only one so noticeably high.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Licensed Themes