Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Am I the only one that does this with LEGO capes?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Am I the only one that does this with LEGO capes?

Postby sparkart » Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 pm

If it's a male figure, I put the left side over the right, if it's a female figure, the right side goes over the left, to mimic the traditional construction of clothing.

The capes usually don't have that kind of construction on the figures they represent, so it doesn't really matter...to most people.

Are you like me? Or are you one of them?
sparkart

Re: Am I the only one that does this with LEGO capes?

Postby banthafodder » Sat May 26, 2012 10:20 am

Slowly step away from the table.

Didn't know there was proper gender cape etiquette so I guess I'm one of them.
banthafodder

Postby CloneEmperor » Sat May 26, 2012 10:25 am

It's the same idea as you can always tell if a button-down shirt is a men's cut or a women's cut by which side the buttons are on, for example, men's shirts have the buttons down the right side of the shirt.

That being said, I don't think I've ever been obsessive enough to care about that on my LEGO capes.
CloneEmperor

Postby GIR3691 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

When you assemble minifigures, are you supposed to attach the heads or the legs first?

I admit, I have a weird OCD when it comes to building sets. If it's a 1x1 round plate or something like that, the LEGO logo on it needs to be right-side up or facing the front of the set.

...because I'll know, that's why.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Joedward » Sat May 26, 2012 12:33 pm

With capes I always put right over left.
If I can help it I try to make sure the word LEGO on the studs are the same orientation/face the same way.
The mark made by the spru on most types of tiles must always be hidden from view.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby emmtwosix » Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 pm

I put the capes on in whatever way the manual suggests. But...
Joedward wrote:If I can help it I try to make sure the word LEGO on the studs are the same orientation/face the same way.
The mark made by the spru on most types of tiles must always be hidden from view.

I have the same compulsive building habits - it slows the building process down quite a bit, but, a longer building time = more fun, right? Oh, and I always check the source material for sticker orientation. The manual can have you putting them on upside-down or backwards every once in a while (Ahsoka's Starfighter comes to mind...)
emmtwosix

Return to General LEGO Discussions