Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

ORIGINAL original trilogy Easter Egg?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

ORIGINAL original trilogy Easter Egg?

Postby dodge » Sat May 26, 2012 3:46 pm

While building the other day, I threw my TV/VCR combo on the table and decided to break out my old SW trilogy VHS tapes. For contex, the tapes that I have are the 1996-ish reissue of the trilogy with the black sleeves and large pictures of Vader, Stormtrooper and Yoda respectively, and NOT the Special Edition.

Upon coming to the end of ROTJ and the celebration, I noticed something odd (or think I did) and I thought I would poll an opinion about it. As the final scene winds down and we see everyone (Lando) dancing and having a good time, there seems to be a chuckle RIGHT before the screen turns to credits. The chuckle that I heard seemed eerily like that of the Emperor, which made me wonder: did Lucas add it in as a sort of sequel-hint, but then go a different direction with the prequels? Was it an intentional addition, or simply some other noise that sounds like the Emperors laugh?

If you happen to have the tapes (and means to watch them), let me know what you think. I'm not try to start a conspiracy or anything! I'd just like a confirmation that I heard what I think I heard.
dodge

Re: ORIGINAL original trilogy Easter Egg?

Postby GIR3691 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:02 pm

I own that set, and have never noticed that. I'll check mine.

Though I really doubt Lucas plans that far ahead. Case and point... Luke and Leia romantic subplot.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Robzula » Sun May 27, 2012 12:34 am

Clip on Youtube. It's from the SE, but I believe it has the noise you're talking about which I believe is just an ewok.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby dodge » Sun May 27, 2012 3:31 pm

This is the same video that I'm talking about (with some apparent subtitles on it):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XG1nSlxuI

It may very well be an Ewok's odd yub-yub, but it still seems eeriely like the Emperors laugh to me. I do recall that the books point out the presence of the Emperor in the space where the second Death Star ws destoryed, but you just never know.
dodge

Postby GIR3691 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Yeah, that's an Ewok. Unless the Emperor inhaled some helium AND came back to life.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Return to Star Wars