Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Grab Bags at LEGOLAND or Downtown Disney?

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Grab Bags at LEGOLAND or Downtown Disney?

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:28 am

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not there are ever grab bags at LEGOLAND California or Downtown Disney in California. I am going there next month, and would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me if they ever have them. This may be in the wrong Forum...
Thanks for your help...!
JonnyThunder3483

Re: Grab Bags at LEGOLAND or Downtown Disney?

Postby crazybirdman » Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 pm

They have them randomly, it's not something they keep in stock consistently. And (in my opinion) they aren't as good as they used to be. They used to be made from parts from returned sets. Now they are mostly parts from the pick a brick wall.
crazybirdman

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Well, I hope they have some good ones while I'm there in two weeks (I've never gotten a grab bag :D ).
Thanks for your help!
JonnyThunder3483

Postby crazybirdman » Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm going to LEGOland this weekend, if I see anything exciting I'll let you know.
crazybirdman

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Awesome, thanks! I was also wondering, there are 5 or so seperate stores in LEGOland, right? Which one do you think would be the best for grab bags or build a minifig?
JonnyThunder3483

Postby BeMild » Sat May 26, 2012 8:20 am

As an FYI, the last time I was at Legoland CA, the series 6 minifigs had just been released, and they had the series 5s on sale. Apart from the ones located on the main floor of the store, they had them behind the counter in the box they had been shipped in from Lego...and they were separated into plastic bags and identified as to what they were. I simply asked for some of the minifigs that interested me the most and the guy behind the counter had no problem picking them out for me. Perhaps this will be the case now as we move from the 6s to the 7s? This was at the main Lego store nearest to the entrance/exit of the park.

Good luck and have fun!
BeMild

Postby crazybirdman » Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 am

JonnyThunder3483 wrote:Awesome, thanks! I was also wondering, there are 5 or so seperate stores in LEGOland, right? Which one do you think would be the best for grab bags or build a minifig?

The LEGO clubhouse, and the big shop
crazybirdman

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Well, I'm back. I was slightly disappointed that there where no grab bags anywhere in Legoland. Later, at the Downtown Disney LEGO store, I got two. Most of the parts were Pickabrick overflow, and the only minifig parts I got were a hairpiece, and a black hat. There was one cool thing in the grab bags...the MINI Sopwith Camel! I actually saw the wrapper open begin the counter. I went and asked about grab bags, and after browsing some more, she brought out their little tub and filled two bags. I got about 80% of the pieces. I did not get the directions, so here is my question: could someone please take a picture of the front and back of the directions(I'm assuming it is one of the foldouts)(is that even legal)?
I'm not sure if everyone knows, but they had the VIP exclusive minifig set. It is indeed all the minifigs shown in the promo. I can give more details if you didn't know its out.
MINILAND LEGO Star Wars was awesome!
Thanks for everyone's help!
JonnyThunder3483

Return to Finds/Deals