Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Wings of Justice Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Wings of Justice Contest

Postby legochrism » Sat May 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Presenting... Green Arrow's Arrowforce One.

Green Arrow's Arrowforce One by swlegochrism, on Flickr

Part fighter, part rich man's indulgence, part phallic symbol, Arrowforce One is the Green Arrow's personal aircraft and subconscious metaphor.

Green Arrow by swlegochrism, on Flickr

Built primarily from 6862 Superman v Power Armour Lex and 6863 Batwing Battle, with a little help from the CMF Archer, Professor Lupin, the Green Army Men, and some bits and bobs.

See the flickr for more, including Green Arrow's alter ego, Oliver Queen.

Thanks FBTB, and good luck all!
legochrism

Postby christo1096 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 am

My entry, Robin's RedBullet

Robin's RedBullet by AlvChrist, on Flickr

Robin, cockpit

Robin's RedBullet by AlvChrist, on Flickr
christo1096

Postby ~SpyFlops » Sun May 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Here's my entry, Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane!
aaaand its pilot, Wonder Woman!
The goal here was not accuracy, but using as many transparent Lego pieces as possible in the model. I can confidently say it is 88% transparent. XD

...It had to be done.
~SpyFlops

Postby halfbeak » Sun May 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi, here is my entry to the contest... Ronin's 'Copter!

Ronin is a secret lone samurai identity sometimes assumed by Avengers characters, including Hawkeye, but in this case Maya Lopez (AKA Echo), one of the New Avengers and the first to assume Ronin's guise.

Play features include a variable geometry rear rotor boom, triple clamshell cockpit and a stealth hawk "swoop" mode, in which the rotors fold back allowing the 'copter to enter into a silent and deadly dive.

Please check out my flickr photostream to see a few other views including Ronin at the controls and "SWOOP" mode!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/halfbeak/

Echo/Ronin's Copter: Flight Image by halfbeak, on Flickr

Echo/Ronin's Copter + Minifig by halfbeak, on Flickr
Last edited by halfbeak on Sun May 27, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halfbeak

Postby sparkart » Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 am

Arrowforce One, Heliclawpter? Call me a glutton for punishment, but I appreciate the low humor.

halfbeak, that dive-attack mode is cool, and the way that cockpit opens is awesome.
sparkart

Postby ~SpyFlops » Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 pm

sparkart wrote:Arrowforce One, Heliclawpter? Call me a glutton for punishment, but I appreciate the low humor.

halfbeak, that dive-attack mode is cool, and the way that cockpit opens is awesome.

It's okay... skip over me... I don't care... :'(
:p
~SpyFlops

Postby cas » Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Maybe he didn't see it.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Master Beef » Mon May 21, 2012 7:19 pm

After a few minor incidents where Hulk became slightly impatient inside the Avenger's jet, the heroic team decided it was time to give Hulk his own aircraft. Since S.H.I.E.L.D was a little low on finances at the time (something to do with Nick Fury buying too much Just for Men), Tony Stark traveled to the nearest junkyard and built a simply ingenious flying machine powered only by (Tony was way ahead of his time) steam!! Stark affectionately named the craft "Blowin' off Some Steam."

Hulk's Dirigible "Blowin' Off Some Steam" by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr
Bookin' it at over 5 knots! 8O

*SMASH* by Master Beef (with fries), on Flickr
This is either Hulk or the Green Giant after he became a lifeguard. I can't remember...

Hope you enjoyed it! You can see more pictures on my Flickr photostream or on Mocpages.
Master Beef

Postby Igginz » Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 pm

that brick built Hulk is great! I LOVE the dino baby hands! :D

Mine is coming, just finishing up the tail and some cockpit and body detailing.
Igginz

Postby ka.lego » Tue May 22, 2012 12:19 am

It must clearly be some sort of flying machine. No cars, boats, spaceships, or giant robots.

Can a flying machine be animal powered or merged with a vehicle? So like a bird or pegasus supported ship? If not, a ship that "looks" like mech-like animal, but is truly a ship? I'm thinking along the lines of the WARBIRD, only slightly more organic. I know how things can get tricky with rules.

Thanks! Great work so far. I'm hoping mine is passable and ready to upload before the deadline.
ka.lego

Postby crazybirdman » Tue May 22, 2012 9:51 am

Made a vehicle & Minifigure for Commissioner Gordon. The most heinous oversight on the LEGO Company's part for not being included in the Batman line. Twice.

blimp with Fleshie Gordon by crazybirdman, on Flickr

blimp with Fleshie Gordon by crazybirdman, on Flickr

I'm sorry I couldn't thing of a suitable punny name. More pictures on flickr
Last edited by crazybirdman on Tue May 29, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazybirdman

Postby Igginz » Tue May 22, 2012 11:53 am

On the Ronin chopper;
the blades don't look like they spin, do they and I'm just reading it wrong? I can tell they rotate, but not "spin", like with a flick of the finger.
Igginz

Postby Solo » Tue May 22, 2012 12:11 pm

ka.lego: I like where your crazy idea is going. That does fit the rules.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby AA589 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:34 pm

My contest entry:
Thor's Aerial Jetski.

DSC_0213 by AA589, on Flickr

DSC_0215 by AA589, on Flickr

GJ
AA589

Postby cas » Tue May 22, 2012 5:00 pm

halfbeak wrote:Ronin is a secret lone samurai identity sometimes assumed by Avengers characters, including Hawkeye, but in this case Maya Lopez (AKA Echo), one of the New Avengers and the first to assume Ronin's guise.

You've certainly succeeded in the secret identity aspect. I've been trying to figure out what head that is on the minifigure, but haven't been successful.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby halfbeak » Tue May 22, 2012 9:10 pm

cas wrote:
halfbeak wrote:Ronin is a secret lone samurai identity sometimes assumed by Avengers characters, including Hawkeye, but in this case Maya Lopez (AKA Echo), one of the New Avengers and the first to assume Ronin's guise.

You've certainly succeeded in the secret identity aspect. I've been trying to figure out what head that is on the minifigure, but haven't been successful.
Hi, the head is from Sugi, one of the bounty hunters from the wonderful 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship set. Luckily the ninja headgear covers up the horns and other facial features leaving only the brown eyes exposed which I thought worked quite well for Maya Lopez!
halfbeak

Postby halfbeak » Tue May 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Igginz wrote:On the Ronin chopper;
the blades don't look like they spin, do they and I'm just reading it wrong? I can tell they rotate, but not "spin", like with a flick of the finger.
You are quite right, the ball/socket joint is not quite as spinny as I would have liked... Let's put it down to the erm... heavy gearing in the rotor engine perhaps? ; )
Works great for swoop attack mode though!
halfbeak

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed May 23, 2012 4:09 am

crazybirdman wrote:Made a vehicle & Minifigure for Commissioner Gordon. The most heinous oversight on the LEGO Company's part for not being included in the Batman line. Twice.

Blimp2.0 by crazybirdman, on Flickr

Blimp2.0 by crazybirdman, on Flickr

I'm sorry I couldn't thing of a suitable punny name. More pictures on flickr

*hums opening to Batman The Animated Series*
CaptainFordo

Postby yanakin » Wed May 23, 2012 11:26 am

hello everyone! question - what if i decide to make some changes in standard appearance/clothes of a superhero? for example yellow superman (and consequently his ship - also yellow). or wonder woman in fancy dress and thing like that...
thank you
yanakin

Postby Solo » Wed May 23, 2012 11:44 am

They have to look like the superhero. You're supposed to be matching their style, not reinventing it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds