Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NA] Lord Of The Rings Sets Now Available @ LEGO.com

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[NA] Lord Of The Rings Sets Now Available @ LEGO.com

Postby Staff » Tue May 15, 2012 12:30 pm

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

The wait is over and you can now get all seven Lord of the Rings sets from LEGO Shop@Home. In celebration of this highly anticipated line’s release LEGO will also be giving away this FREE LEGO movie poster of Frodo with ‘the one ring’ on any Lord of the Rings order. The poster offer is valid through May 31st (or while supplies last) in the US & Canada only. That means you can get a FREE Hulk minifigure and a Frodo poster tomorrow with every $50 of LOTR sets. I had planned on exclusively picking up the last sets I needed from the Marvel line tomorrow, but I will now have to reconsider my purchases.

No mark-ups, no searching and great freebies on top of it all. The only downside is you'll have to spring for shipping, but if you wanted a Hulk you were up for that anyway.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/15/lord-of-the-rings-sets-now-available-lego-com/
Staff

Re: [NA] Lord Of The Rings Sets Now Available @ LEGO.com

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 pm

It's quiet....is nobody else totally stoked for these?!

I put my order in last night for Gandalf Arrives, Shelob Attacks, and Uruk-hai Army. Can't wait to get these, along with the free poster and Hulk minifig!!
The_Chosen_1

Postby Gandalf1 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:39 pm

I am probably gonna do the Hulk promotion with these once they come in at the LEGO Store. Then there's no shipping!
"I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers."
Gandalf1

Postby majortom » Wed May 16, 2012 3:12 pm

@The_Chosen_1: I'm incredibly stoked, but it seems the sets are only available in the US and Canada for now. I plan picking up the majority of the range as soon as I can, I assure you!
majortom

Postby shoggoth666 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Really excited about these sets and planning on getting multiples of some but trying to hold off for a free shipping promo to order the bulk of them. For know I'm getting a few uruk army sets to score a hulk fig.
shoggoth666

Postby chronosknight » Thu May 17, 2012 5:12 am

I'm incredibly excited for them. I picked up Gandalf Arrives and Uruk-Hai Army the other day. Just ordered Weathertop off of LEGO.com for the Hulk minifig.

Can't wait to pick up the others. Going to wait until LEGO.com offers free shipping or any store in my area other than Toys 'R Us carries them. $160 for Battle of Helms Deep at TRU. Ouch.

It's even more terrible since most of these sets, to me, seem a bit overpriced already.
chronosknight

Postby Gandalf1 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:31 am

@chronosknight: Attack on Weathertop in particular, but the others don't seem too bad. OK, I guess Gandalf arrives is also, it should be $10.99, but be thankful, the UK is getting Shelob Attacks and The Orc Forge are the same number of GBP as they are USD in the US! Meaning they're WAY more expensive there.
"I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers."
Gandalf1

Postby MenacingVitamin » Thu May 17, 2012 12:03 pm

the Orc Forge has Olive cheese slopes in it. Pinch me,. I can't believe we're actually getting olive parts now. so cool.
MenacingVitamin

Postby Darth Jokar » Thu May 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Well just got all 7 sets and it was almost 400 dollars with tax. Now gotta wait for the star wars sets to drop.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby majortom » Tue May 22, 2012 7:39 am

According to my local independent toy store, the new wave of sets, including The Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars and Monster Hunters etc. can be expected in the UK on the 1st August. However, my local LEGO brand store had no idea when they would be expecting to receive these sets. Not sure if this holds true for all retailers or just to Cardiff!
majortom

Return to Finds/Deals