Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS

Postby lowlead » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Holy guacamole, just saw the trailer for this in the theater...looks like an Alien prequel of sorts.

Hopefully in the hands of Scott it will live up to this sneak peak which looks promising to me!
lowlead

Re: Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 pm

lowlead wrote:...looks like an Alien prequel of sorts.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious here.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby lowlead » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:38 pm

After a bit of research, looks like Prometheus is a space exploration odyssey that crosses paths with elements of the original Alien movie. In the trailer you can see several shots of the horseshoe-shaped ship with the 'star pilot' seat in the big room, a chamber full of eggs, some sort of face-hugger scene, etc.... Looks really cool, out in June I think.
lowlead

Postby puffdaddy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Solo wrote:
lowlead wrote:...looks like an Alien prequel of sorts.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious here.

So, when I watched the trailer, I had the knowledge that it was an Alien prequel. Since then, I have heard that it began as an Alien prequel, but that's no longer what it is. I'm kind of confused as to what the movie is going to be about now. I really hope it is a prequel, because I love the Alien series. Either way, it looks awesome.
puffdaddy

Postby cas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm

I've been thinking of it as an indirect prequel. It's set in the same "universe," set before the events of Alien, but not reliant upon any of the story that's been told in those films. It's tied for third as my most anticipated films of the year (1: Skyfall, 2: The Hobbit, 3: The Dark Knight Rise/Prometheus). I'm very curious how Prometheus' story plays out since some of the rumors I've read suggest it may be thematically similar to a novel I'm currently writing.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:12 am

Having seen the most recent US and UK trailers for this movie, I'm very excited. Sci-Fi is kind of my thing, and Ridley Scott (while a great director, I find his films a bit hit or miss generally) and Sci-Fi go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

I think at this point it's pretty undeniable that this film has some pretty direct connections to Scott's Alien, but there may be some vast differences from the Alien we know. I get the sense that the xenomorph adapts to its environment/potential hosts, so what we'll see in this film may not have come into contact with humans yet and may be pretty different.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby bigospedros » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:27 am

Draykov wrote:Sci-Fi is kind of my thing, and Ridley Scott (while a great director, I find his films a bit hit or miss generally) and Sci-Fi go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

*off topic*

As a Brit, I find the thought of the combination of chocolate and peanut butter abhorrent, but given that you guys on that side of the pond like peanut butter and jelly (aka Jam, for us Brits) I am genuinely confused as to whether you saying that this is a good combo or not. Care to enlighten me?

;)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 am

It's a good thing. LIke...bangers and mash? A cold pint and footy? Fish and chips? :)
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby bigospedros » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 am

Draykov wrote:It's a good thing. LIke...bangers and mash? A cold pint and footy? Fish and chips? :)

*barf* I tried one of those when last in America ... not good! Not good at all ... the Mrs on the other hand is a fan!

Still, at least I can totally understand your post now. Loving your choices for UK friendly combos that I might understand XD
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Rook » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 am

Looks fun! Thanks for the links Draykov.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Draykov » Wed May 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Soundtrack has been uploaded to YouTube. Lots of new tidbits starting to pop up.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Joedward » Fri May 18, 2012 9:00 am

Pete doesn't speak for all Brits. I love me some peanut butter and chocolate.... peanut butter and jam, too. Butt, then again, I don't like beer, footy, bangers.... or even tea, so maybe I'm the exception here.

Any how. For the last few months I've been hearing various things about Prometheus, and I thought it sounded great, but never really looked that much into it. I hadn't even watched any of the trailers, even with one of my mates at work constantly telling me to do so.

And then I saw The Avengers the other weekend. And they preceded the film with the new trailer. I don't know how but I knew almost instantly what it was for, and I got such chills. Goosebumbs, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up, shivers down my spine. It looks fraking incredible and I can't wait to see it.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby dWhisper » Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 pm

How can you not like bangers?

Though I have to ask, what's more abhorrent? Cold tea or peanut butter and chocolate?

More on topic... the more I see about this movie, the more justified I become on the general feeling I have of disinterest towards it. Since it was announced, I just can't muster up any amount of caring for the project. Don't know why, seems like it's something that should be right up my alley, but it's just... meh.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Saw it this past Friday. I R DISAPPOINT. It was pretty great up until around the halfway mark. Then, what I have to assume was Damon Lindelof's influence ruined the ride.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Flynn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:21 am

I don't get why everyone blames Lindelof, personally. I grant the script was flawed, but it was really just more mediocre than anything else (I think the main flaw of the film is that it doesn't want to embrace the concepts and questions it provides us in the first act, leaving a general unsatisfied feeling towards the end, at least for me).
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Draykov » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Flynn wrote:I don't get why everyone blames Lindelof...I think the main flaw of the film is that it doesn't want to embrace the concepts and questions it provides us in the first act, leaving a general unsatisfied feeling towards the end, at least for me.

Ever watch six seasons of Lost?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby uruk-hailordoflords » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:05 pm

I know this might not have anything tyo do with thius movie , but i am working on an alien MOC of the xenomourph (not sure if i spelled it right) done with it's head , working on the body now.
bow to the will of LOTR! urukhailordoflords
uruk-hailordoflords

Postby Robzula » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:34 pm

I thought the movie was really good, though I may just be relieved I don't have to hear that stupid trailer 20+ times a day now...
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:21 pm

I couldn't get past the stupidity of the characters. I guess in the future all you need is a high school biology course to become a "biologist," and so on. If that's the case, that makes me an astrophysicist. Yay future low standards!

I would like to know what David said to the engineer, however.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:50 pm

cas wrote:I would like to know what David said to the engineer, however.

"We sold your UCS Falcon to Brian's Toys for $250."
AbstractedIdeal

Return to BCS 2.0