Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[Super Heroes] Wonder Woman W.A.R.B.I.R.D.

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[Super Heroes] Wonder Woman W.A.R.B.I.R.D.

Postby sparkart » Mon May 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Make a hawk a dove, by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Stop a war with love, by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Make a liar tell the truth! by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Get us out from under, Wonder Woman! by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Originally, this was started as a kind of Batwing - from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns - for Wonder Woman, who would pilot the craft like a hang-glider. It was a black and white bald eagle flying machine, but it was drab in those colors, so I started substituting ye olde red, white, and blue, and it began to resemble something from the four-color pages of comic-books. The cockpit was moved to the top, and the sling underneath for the pilot was elongated into a jump-seat for a sitting minifig, even Batman with his bat-eared cowl.

I debated whether it was more suited for Captain America in the new color scheme. I love to come up with backstories for my builds, so for Captain America, the backstory is that this aircraft was pieced together from wreckage from the Chitauri invasion that the Avengers foiled. Tony Stark, using his own engineering prowess, and secrets stolen from SHIELD, is able to salvage an anti-gravity unit and power it using Earth technology.

But in the end, it was the power of the Wonder Woman TV show theme songs, and the multiple Captain America entries in the Wings of Justice contest, that convinced me to dedicate this model to Wonder Woman.

Any questions, comments, or criticism, please post, and I'll try to address. Thanks for looking.
Last edited by sparkart on Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparkart

Re: [Super Heroes] Wonder Woman W.A.R.B.I.R.D.

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue May 15, 2012 7:34 am

Sweet jesus... That is very impressive. And I have to say I think you made the right call with Wonder Woman over Cap. I'm not sure this would suit Cap's look as well.
CaptainFordo

Postby scotth510 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:13 am

I agree with CaptainFordo. Very nice build.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotth510/
http://www.youtube.com/user/scotth510
scotth510

Postby Solo » Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 am

This is hilarious, I love it. That poor prisoner though... he's going to be picking bugs out of his teeth for days after a flight like that.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby sparkart » Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 am

The prisoner doesn't have any teeth, Wonder Woman knocked them all out.

The jump seat slung under the fuselage has no seat back, so that the Batman minifig (with a cape) could sit there. Not that Batman would ever be Wonder Woman's sidekick, but they are definitely friends, maybe more.
sparkart

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase