Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pre-Order LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary & New LEGO Batman 2 Game Info

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Pre-Order LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary & New LEGO Batman 2 Game Info

Postby Staff » Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Official Cover Art

Been a bit negligent on posting lately, let a lot of stuff slide by and that probably won't change anytime soon, but Batman really doesn't deserve that type of treatment. It's easy for him to get lost in all the Avengers hype right now, so here's a bit of a Bat-news roundup.

The LEGO Batman: Visual Dictionary (LEGO DC Universe Super Heroes) book from DK Publishing is now available for pre-order and the exclusive minfig that will come with it has been revealed to be Electro Suit Batman from the upcoming video game. I didn't think there were enough sets and such to fill a book yet, but based on the images like the one below and the fig, I'm in.

Speaking of the video game, ComicBookMovie.com did a report on some info in the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine with some interesting new details about the upcoming LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes game. I've cobbled together the relevant info and included it after the jump and you can pre-order the book or the game from Amazon by clicking the pics above.

Cyborg appears later in the game, along with new abilities. He can shoot lasers from his eyes, and interact with machinery.

Superman's entire power set will be available. He can fly, he can lift anything, he can shoot lasers and breath cold. If goons start fighting him, they aren't doing anything. However, he will have his weakness, as kryptonite is involved in the story. He can also destroy golden LEGO bricks using heat vision.

Flash can dash around the city, and breaks things while doing so. He can zoom through a lamp post, leaving it in tiny LEGO bits. "He's the ultimate stud collector." joked producer Phil Ring. In combat, Flash moves at super speeds, LEGO body parts are even seen moving at lightning-speeds during combat.

Aquaman can do more in water than any other character. A still reveals that he can shoot water from his hands.

Green Lantern can fly, covered in and leaving behind some green energy. The Green Lanterns longtime enemy and member Sinestro will even make an appearance. It's unknown wether Hal Jordan is the only Lantern to appear in-game. However, he is the only one found in story mode. Later in the game, green LEGO covers Gotham. Only Hal can build stuff out of these LEGO types. "He usually makes something crazy or ridiculous," says Ring.

Wonder Woman can fly here, but don't expect much from her Lasso of Truth. Sure it can tie up enemies, but they aren't going to go around telling the truth. "We were wondering what to do with the lasso, but it just winded two enemies together. We decided it wouldn't be able to bend the will of enemies," says Ring.

Batman and Superman don't trust each other. Fact. "We explore that stuff, but in ways people haven't seen before," says Ring. Batman will indeed make snide remarks to the Man of Steel, but will also get some new suits to swap to. The bomb suit now gives Batman super-strength, along with an endless supply of bombs. Not to mention being able to shoot rockets. He can even smash the ground and send henchmen flying. Bats also gets an upgrade and homage to the famous 'Arkham' series with the stealth suit for silent takedowns and an X-ray mode.

I already plunked down my deposit on the game to get my exclusive Lex fig, so at least the book will be a cheap way to get the Batman exclusive... and it's a way better fig than the new Harry Potter one to be sure.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/11/pre-order-lego-batman-visual-dictionary-new-lego-batman-2-game-info/
Staff

Re: Pre-Order LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary & New LEGO Batma

Postby zwolya » Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 pm

I already pre-ordered the game as well, and I'm excited for the book too because the nail seemed to be hit pretty well with the previous two. But the real issue is this: that cross-section is really tempting me to go open my sealed UCS Batmobile...
zwolya

Postby cas » Fri May 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I second that! I've had the UCS Batmobile in my closet for years, then literally one month ago I suddenly had the urge to put it together. Completely irrational, I thought. I was wrong. I couldn't believe I didn't put it together sooner. It's one sexy beast, as far a Lego goes, anyway.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby AGC » Sat May 12, 2012 5:11 am

Wow! All those superheroes in the game sound extremely over powered. I wonder if you can play as a villain like in the first game?
AGC

Postby SevFalcon » Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 am

AGC wrote:Wow! All those superheroes in the game sound extremely over powered. I wonder if you can play as a villain like in the first game?

Should be able to per this previous article:
http://www.fbtb.net/2012/04/10/eb-games ... cter-pack/
SevFalcon

Postby zwolya » Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Gotta wonder how much a sealed one would go for on eBay when The Dark Knight Rises hits theateres though...
Anyway, I'm glad to hear (confirmed) that the scope of characters in the game far exceeds that of the sets, but that seemed pretty much obvious when the villains pre-order pack was announced. Can't have Flash villains without the Scarlet Speedster himself, after all.
zwolya

Postby AGC » Sun May 13, 2012 2:35 am

SevFalcon wrote:Should be able to per this previous article:
http://www.fbtb.net/2012/04/10/eb-games ... cter-pack/

The article seems to me like those characters will just be in "free-play" mode and there won't be any actual villain based story levels. Well that's what I'm thinking.
AGC

Postby Inzane » Sun May 13, 2012 5:08 pm

zwolya wrote:that cross-section is really tempting me to go open my sealed UCS Batmobile...

Ditto! :O
Inzane

Postby batsamd » Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 am

There always seems to be a lot of characters you unlock and buy for Free Play mode that aren't used in the Story mode. Just look at the Gonk droid in the LEGO SW games. :)

From what I've read, I think the story mode characters will be Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, Superman and Wonder Woman.

Other heroes such as Flash will be in Free Play and will probably be necessary to find all the Gold Bricks, Red Bricks and Mini-kits.

Not sure if the villains will get their own Story Mode, but I hope so, it was fun in the first Batman game.
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

batsamd wrote:Other heroes such as Flash will be in Free Play and will probably be necessary to find all the Gold Bricks, Red Bricks and Mini-kits.

Not sure if the villains will get their own Story Mode, but I hope so, it was fun in the first Batman game.

Does anyone really complete EVERY bit of the game? I have the first one on the 360, and it's a chore going through everything. LOL It's fun sometimes, but a chore.
Gooker1

Postby zwolya » Mon May 14, 2012 6:44 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:I always go for 100%.

I go PAST 100 :lol:
Savage and Dancing Jack, anyone?
And relatively off-topically, has anyone managed to max out the stud score on anything other than the first 3? I'm up to about 300 trillion in Indy 2 and it's still counting, so I'm wondering if it's possible...
zwolya

Postby batsamd » Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 am

I never got any of the Harry Potter or PotC games, not interested in those themes.

Out of LEGO SW 1, 2, Complete Saga & Clone Wars, got 100% on all except for Complete Saga. For some reason I got up to 96-98% after completing all levels and finding all minikits, blue minikits, gold bricks and red bricks, buying all characters and maxing out studs but couldn't get to 100%, so I gave up. Since I was the only one playing, I'm wondering if I need to do something in the Arcade room, which required two players.

On IJ 1 & 2 and original Batman I got 100% on those as well.

Real excited to see both the game and the Visual Dictionary. I preorded the game from Gamestop for the Lex minifig and I preordered the Visual Dictionary along with the LEGO Batman Ultimate Sticker book from Amazon.
batsamd

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 am

batsamd wrote:got 100% on all except for Complete Saga. For some reason I got up to 96-98%

Did you go to the movies..?

(Seriously! Watching the trailers in the bonus level area adds some %. I got quite annoyed the second time I played the game and never reached 100%. The first time I must have simply watched the trailers without noticing that they bumped up my score.)

In one level of IJ 1 I once managed to collect 11 out of 10 treasure chests. A bug, methinks.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:04 am

OMG. hahaha, that's nutty. After beating Lego Batman, I played a little bit as other villains, but going through w/ other characters, different suits and all that is just a bit too much for me.

Very impressive though. The replayability is amazing in Lego games.
Gooker1

Postby batsamd » Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 am

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
batsamd wrote:got 100% on all except for Complete Saga. For some reason I got up to 96-98%

Did you go to the movies..?

(Seriously! Watching the trailers in the bonus level area adds some %. I got quite annoyed the second time I played the game and never reached 100%. The first time I must have simply watched the trailers without noticing that they bumped up my score.)

In one level of IJ 1 I once managed to collect 11 out of 10 treasure chests. A bug, methinks.

Pretty sure I did everything I could, except for the Arcade.

Just noticed Amazon has a pre-order special for LEGO Batman 2.

Amazon.com wrote:$5 Credit and Pre-order Bonus Offer
Pre-order LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for Xbox 360 or PS3 and get a $5 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of other Warner Bros Lego games shipped and sold by Amazon.com as well as access to the rare Heroes Skin Pack. This rare collection features Nightwing, Katana, Shazam, Zatanna, plus the brand-new Robin--Bruce Wayne's son, Damian Wayne. Offer valid on all existing pre-orders. The promotional credit and Heroes Skin Pack access code will be e-mailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Please read the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live terms of use.

I'm sticking with my Gamestop pre-order for the Lex minifig.
batsamd

Postby zwolya » Wed May 16, 2012 7:22 pm

That's actually kind of disappointing, seeing as I take it to mean none of those characters appear in-game, like the villains pack. Captain Marvel I get, but Nightwing and Damien are mainstream Batman characters, and when you look at some of the ridiculosity thrown into some of the priors (I'm looking at you, Harry Potter), this is really surprising. On the other hand, it's an instant buy once it hits the PS store, and I'll stick with my Lex fig as well since I think there'll be a much smaller chance of finding him elsewhere.
zwolya

Postby SevFalcon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Woah, Damien Wayne the illegitimate son of Batman? Surprising move by Lego and TT.

Wonder if he'll be in his Robin costume....
SevFalcon

Postby LegoCloneFanatic » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:06 pm

I just went to Gamestop and the clerk said that the 5 villains pack was just announced today in the USA. So happy. They also said if other DLC come out then ill get it. Just need the 5 heroes and Harleys and etc.

SA got the packs!!!! :D :cool:
LegoCloneFanatic

Next

Return to Licensed Themes