Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] Batman & Star Wars Included In Latest Giveaway From The Sun

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] Batman & Star Wars Included In Latest Giveaway From The Sun

Postby Staff » Mon May 07, 2012 11:07 am

Brickset posted this pic and reported on this a couple of days ago and it's been popping up in our contact feed and the FBTB chatroom, so it's time to finally pay attention I suppose. I'll just say that I'm extremely jealous at how cheap and easy it is to get these sets in the UK when The Sun just gives them away with purchase, but I do find it amusing when folks say they just put the papers back on the rack after paying for them. Take that newspaper I know nothing about! The giveaways apparently start on May 19th and run daily through the 27th and includes these great little sets. I haven't seen any concrete info on where to get them, but they've been available from TRU and WH Smith in the past so those are the likely venues.

• 30160 Batman Jetski

• 30161 Mini Batmobile

• 30087 Ninjago Car

• 30150 Racing Car

• 30156 Star Destroyer

• 30018 Police Microlight

• 30010 Fire Chief

• 30086 Ninjago Hidden Sword

• 8028 Mini TIE Fighter

Thanks to the masses for the heads up, if you hear any relative details please share in the comments!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/07/uk-batman-star-wars-included-in-latest-giveaway-from-the-sun/
Staff

Re: [UK] Batman & Star Wars Included In Latest Giveaway From

Postby Mister Ed » Mon May 07, 2012 12:17 pm

Man, that better not be the only way that mini Batmobile is available. I've already seemingly struck out on the Bat Jetski. My local TRU doesn't have it (or even any blank rack indicating I missed out, nobody there knew what I was talking about).
Mister Ed

Postby AGC » Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 am

I think people put the Sun back on the rack, because they wouldn't want to be caught dead reading it. It's hardly a newspaper. Probably more like magazine full rubbish printed on the same paper as a broadsheet. Well that's i'm assuming from the front cover, because the only time I'll ever look inside one would probably be to find the voucher for these mini sets.
AGC

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 pm

AGC wrote:I think people put the Sun back on the rack, because they wouldn't want to be caught dead reading it. It's hardly a newspaper. Probably more like magazine full rubbish printed on the same paper as a broadsheet. Well that's i'm assuming from the front cover, because the only time I'll ever look inside one would probably be to find the voucher for these mini sets.

Hey now be fair... it has naked ladies in there too :P
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:Naked ladies! In a newspaper?

God save the Queen!

Well, topless anyway. Did you not know? A few of the more tabloidy papers are like that. Full of the kind of filth they often rage against =P
CaptainFordo

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm

The closest I've gotten to reading a tabloid was buying a few issues of the world news years ago and posting up the "Batboy" cover stories as a joke.

Stopped reading newspapers after taking some journalism courses years ago, but was always more of a comic/novel reader anyway. Nothing wrong with a little filth now and then though. XD
buriedbybricks

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed May 09, 2012 3:22 am

buriedbybricks wrote:The closest I've gotten to reading a tabloid was buying a few issues of the world news years ago and posting up the "Batboy" cover stories as a joke.

Stopped reading newspapers after taking some journalism courses years ago, but was always more of a comic/novel reader anyway. Nothing wrong with a little filth now and then though. XD

Lol, mmm, I've never really been one for newspapers, we get this summary mag called "The Week" which is pretty good as it filters out all the dross and just gives the actual news. Imagine that :P
CaptainFordo

Postby MProoveIt » Sat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Just found some of these at Wal Mart in Minnesota today... near the bicycles nowhere near the rest of the LEGO selection. I don't know how they're going to sell any of them there.

Here's what they had:

One tray had:
30087 Ninjago Car
30018 Police Microlight
30086 Ninjago Hidden Sword
30017 City police boat

The other tray was all Star Wars
30156 Star Destroyer
8028 Mini TIE Fighter
30053 Republic Attack Cruiser
30058 STAP

Apologies if this is old news.