Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Wings of Justice Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Wings of Justice Contest

Postby Solo » Thu May 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Master Beef wrote:One question: It's specified in the rules that the model MUST be in minifig scale. Well, I'm thinking about building an aircraft for Hulk. I don't have the funds to go buy the Helicarrier Breakout set which includes him, so can I build my own Hulk and an aircraft that will fit him?

Thanks!
A brick built Hulk that's still the same size as the Hulk "minifig" would be acceptable, as would a standard sized minifig cobbled together from you collection that resembles this promo Hulk minifig.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Master Beef » Thu May 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks! I actually just finished building Hulk about an hour ago. He's approximately 2 inches tall, so I think that will do.
Master Beef

Postby tahdas » Thu May 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Can we do flying cars or wings for cars?
tahdas

Postby LEGOlas » Fri May 04, 2012 7:15 am

So we can't build a model of something invented by Marvel or DC, right? So no Helicarrier, no Quinjet, No Batwing unless it's an original design.
LEGOlas

Postby AGC » Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 am

Another question. Does removing arms and hand ect. of minifig torsos and replacing them with ones of different colour's count as modifying parts.
AGC

Postby Solo » Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 am

tahdas wrote:Can we do flying cars or wings for cars?
As long as you show it flying, then yes.

LEGOlas wrote:So we can't build a model of something invented by Marvel or DC, right? So no Helicarrier, no Quinjet, No Batwing unless it's an original design.
Correct. Your original designs.

AGC wrote:Another question. Does removing arms and hand ect. of minifig torsos and replacing them with ones of different colour's count as modifying parts.
A minifig torso is five parts: two arms, two hands, and the torso itself. You're not modifying any of them, you're just swapping them around. That's more than acceptable.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby AGC » Fri May 04, 2012 10:25 am

Solo wrote:A minifig torso is five parts: two arms, two hands, and the torso itself. You're not modifying any of them, you're just swapping them around. That's more than acceptable.

Okay, that's good.

EDIT: I assume you can do the same with legs?
AGC

Postby Solo » Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

Yes.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby c2 7803 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:12 pm

my iorn man fighter plane entry

IMG_0077 by spunkus, on Flickr
IMG_0079 by spunkus, on Flickr
c2 7803

Postby madLEGOman » Sat May 05, 2012 8:02 am

To beat a dead horse.... Ok, so i know you said no villains, but comics are like soap operas.. Heroes and. Villains change sides all the time dependant on their motives at the time. I was considdering mystique. Yeah she's better known as a villain from the movies, but in the comics she actually becomes an x-men member.... Others emma frost, jean grey, hell even magneto. So how would you rule on that?
madLEGOman

Postby dWhisper » Sat May 05, 2012 11:37 am

madLEGOman wrote:To beat a dead horse.... Ok, so i know you said no villains, but comics are like soap operas.. Heroes and. Villains change sides all the time dependant on their motives at the time. I was considdering mystique. Yeah she's better known as a villain from the movies, but in the comics she actually becomes an x-men member.... Others emma frost, jean grey, hell even magneto. So how would you rule on that?

A good measuring stick would be if you have to spend time justifying why the hero you picked is actually a "hero" and not a villain... not a good choice. Emma Frost spent enough time as a hero (and has gone back and forth with them) that you wouldn't have to do much. And Jean Grey has been a hero most of the time... even when she's "bad" it's always clear someone else is in control. Magneto, you're going to have to go and explain it a lot, he's not just a bad guy, for the X-Men, he's THE bad guy.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby crazybirdman » Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 pm

man, maybe you should just tell people there's a 'submarines of evil' contest coming soon.
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Sun May 06, 2012 1:49 am

Well, without spoiling the next contest completely: save your favorite bad guys for later.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Sun May 06, 2012 10:49 am

Solo wrote:Well, without spoiling the next contest completely: save your favorite bad guys for later.

After all, remember that a lot of the contest ideas come from the staff, and we're most certainly divided into a good and an evil camp. Don is your average sarcastic but generally good-hearted hero type that came up with a nice contest about flying good guys. Then there are some members of the staff that consider ours--- "themselves" evil and manipulative, that work to counterbalance out all this goody-goody stuff.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby naugem » Mon May 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Solo wrote:Well, without spoiling the next contest completely: save your favorite bad guys for later.

Mmmm.. so, do you think we might have a Star Wars-themed contest sometime this year? :)
naugem

Postby Solo » Mon May 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Of course.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby tahdas » Tue May 08, 2012 9:27 am

More questions. A: can I put a sidekick (like Robin) in my build along with the main hero? Can I use Brickarms in my build? And can I post more than two images?
tahdas

Postby Solo » Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Pick one hero, not a hero and a sidekick or a team of heroes. Just one. Sidekicks of heroes do count as heroes themselves at least, so if you wanted to build something just for Robin that would be great. Brickarms are not official Lego parts, so no, you can't use them. As far as additional images, those are welcome in the MOC Showcase forum but for your submission post in this thread only include the two shots as described in the rules. You can post a link to your additional photos in your submission if you would like.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ted @ndes » Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Wolverine's Vengeance

(... I guess I'm not one to wait once the inspiration strikes... ;) )
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby MrCRskater » Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Methinks someone has chopped a jet-copter. . .

Very nice build, Ted!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds