Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO 10188 "Star Wars Dollhouse"

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO 10188 "Star Wars Dollhouse"

Postby jeffmace » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:43 pm

I found that comment to be pretty interesting and true. With the size of the set and the amount of minifigures and all the little compartments it definitely is like a dollhouse for LEGO. Some good points here why this is a popular set and why it's been around for a while. I am glad i have bought 2 over the past years XD

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/ev ... death_star
jeffmace

Re: LEGO 10188 "Star Wars Dollhouse"

Postby dWhisper » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 am

No, it's a display piece and a true playset. The City/Creator Modular Building's line are actual true dollhouses. I'd call the Death Star set much closer to a diorama or something of the like.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby jeffmace » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

I agree with you too. I think for whatever reason, i never associate anything Star Wars to a dollhouse. LEGO in general can just be one big dollhouse. I still have the dream of creating a huge "living" scene like what many do with train sets. Its all about space though.
jeffmace

Postby DocBlock » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm

I agree with the comment about it being more like a diorama.

It's a display peice that shows off all the action scenes from both Death Star I & II.

And you have two?! :shock:

I can't even afford one. Course I have two kids to feed, so ...
DocBlock

Postby sparkart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:23 am

I read on the Internet (so, it must be true :p ) that a little fasting is good, it can extend lifespans.

So, put the kids on a diet and get that Death Star, if you really want it. I bet it'll always be available, just at crazy prices, in a few years.
sparkart

Postby jeffmace » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 am

DocBlock wrote:I agree with the comment about it being more like a diorama.

It's a display peice that shows off all the action scenes from both Death Star I & II.

And you have two?! :shock:

I can't even afford one. Course I have two kids to feed, so ...

Yes, I have two of a lot of sets, but luckily I have a brother that loves LEGO too, so when Toys R Us has a Buy one get one 1/2 off, we split it, so it works out to be a decent sales on the items.
jeffmace

Postby DocBlock » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:29 pm

sparkart wrote:I read on the Internet (so, it must be true :p ) that a little fasting is good, it can extend lifespans.

So, put the kids on a diet and get that Death Star, if you really want it. I bet it'll always be available, just at crazy prices, in a few years.

That's fairly amusing.

I've been hoping to get my girls into LEGOs as an excuse to buy sets I want, but sadly they're not going for it.

And that's pretty smart on using the buy one get one 1/2 off for two people.
DocBlock

Return to Star Wars