Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel lego Ultimates Iron Fist minifgure!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel lego Ultimates Iron Fist minifgure!

Postby Brickmythic » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Thats right folks, I just received my first batch of Marvel Super Heroes Lego sets from TLG and on the back of the comic book included in every set is great picture of all the Marvel minifigures including the new Spiderman, Doc Ock, and the yet unkown..

ULTIMATES IRON FIST!!

The fig looks fantastic.

pics incoming soon.

Offical USA street date is April 8th, btw.

The Spiderman set is based on the upcoming Ultimates Spiderman Cartoon, the Spidey and Doc Ock minifigures are also Ultimate versions based on the cartoon!

cheers!
Brickmythic

Re: Marvel lego Ultimates Iron Fist minifgure!

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:03 pm

I had wondered if the Spidey set could be based on the new cartoon. I'm looking forward to the show and the set now as I've seen the look of Ultimate Iron Fist for the toon and like it.

ImageImage

Thanks for the heads up!
buriedbybricks

Postby scottcos » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:57 am

Definitely based on the new Disney-XD cartoon, Iron Fist is supposed to play a major role in the cartoon.

http://disney.go.com/xd/marvel/ultimatespiderman/

An interesting licensing note, Spider-Man has always been a difficult license, it is spread out among several different entities, which is one reason it took so long for the first movie to be made. The first line of Spider-Man LEGO sets were plugged into the studio line and were based on Sony's license for motion picture merchandise. I imagine licensing issues will be much easier now since Disney owns the rights to both the comic publisher and the animated series. It definitely follows their strategy though to base their sets on a media property not the comics themselves. With the X-Men set being very loosely based on the Wolverine movie.

Scott
scottcos

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 am

^ The Wolverine movie is probably the overriding reason for no mask on Wolverine too. I've noticed more an more in publicity stuff Wolverine is maskless, most likely because people familiar to the movies will recognise his face over his mask (also possible to avoid creating new pieces ;P). It's interesting really that Wolverine is probably one of the few superhero characters recognisable even without his mask. I mean who's Peter Parker? Dude with brown hair. Who's Tony Stark? Dude with beard. Wolverine's basically the only one who stands out outside of his costume thanks to that do and mutton chops.

I also wonder if Nick Fury might pop up in the Spider-man sets. Considering Ultimate Spider-man Fury is visually nigh identical to movie Fury.
CaptainFordo

Postby Zon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Anyone heard when 6873 is supposed to come out in the US?
Zon

Postby cas » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 pm

No, unfortunately. But when we do, it'll be on the front page.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Zon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Hopefully it will be on or before May 16-31 for the Hulk minfig. ;)
Zon

Return to Licensed Themes