Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[AUS] Exclusive Lex Luthor Figure With Batman 2 Pre-order

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

[AUS] Exclusive Lex Luthor Figure With Batman 2 Pre-order

Postby Staff » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Exclusive Lex Luthor Minifigure

It looks like there may be hope for those that found the Lex Luthor figure included in 6862 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex a little bland. I mean, who shows up to battle Superman in a three piece suit? Ok, so they did scrap on occasion in more formal attire and sometimes even in ridiculous shirtless bare-knuckle boxing matches. However, don't get too excited just yet (I mean about the figure, not the shirtless boxing) because this deal has only popped up on the Australian EB Games site so far and even if the same deal gets offered in other countries it still means pre-ordering the LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes game at full price. I love the LEGO games and if this offer hits Canada it will be the first time I buy one without waiting for the usual price drop, but I just wouldn't want to risk missing out on this classic look. Fingers crossed!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/03/21/aus-exclusive-lex-luthor-figure-with-batman-2-pre-order/
Staff

Re: [AUS] Exclusive Lex Luthor Figure With Batman 2 Pre-orde

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 pm

AWESOOOME!!!! I would be shocked if this wasn't offered in the US, so I'll be waiting for the announcement here.
Gooker1

Postby JamesBenjamin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Is that armor part a new piece? If so, I can't imagine they'd make a whole new mold for a giveaway... I think we'll likely see a similar fig (different print perhaps?) in one of next years sets...
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby ms13 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 am

It looks like the armor is the same mold as the blue space marine in the forthcoming series 7 minifigs:
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=8831-0
ms13

Postby snail2go » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 am

Ok, this does look prettyyy darn cool, but I really can't preorder this game.

Lego games were always fun because of their cute make-fun-of-serious-things attitude. I would rent this, or maybe buy years down the road in the discount bin (which I did with all the other lego games teehee), but not pre-order.

Still... tempting...
snail2go

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:45 am

ms13 wrote:It looks like the armor is the same mold as the blue space marine in the forthcoming series 7 minifigs:
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=8831-0

Good catch!
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby JBV88 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 pm

The Lex figure is up as a bonus to the preorder in Canada! I just put my preorder in despite also hating to pay full price. What I do for Lego...
JBV88

Postby DrunkenMonkey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 am

I went ahead and made the leap. I could use some light-hearted gaming this summer.

The offer is also on the Gamestop/EB Games US website.
DrunkenMonkey

Postby cas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:06 am

Confirmed for US (Gamestop) and Canada (EBgames).
cas
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:31 am

It's been so long since I pre-ordered a game. Is it a pre-order with a down payment or pay full price ahead of time? And when do you get the bonus? With the game or when you pre-order?

I'm glad the physical freebie still exists. I'm so sick of "exclusive in-game character skin!" with pre-order. I miss the old days of a t-shirt or poster.

Get off my lawn.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 am

GIR3691 wrote:Is it a pre-order with a down payment or pay full price ahead of time? And when do you get the bonus? With the game or when you pre-order?

I think they require a minimum of $5, but you can pay it in full, your choice. You'll get the bonus when you pick up the game and I'd recommend to those who do pre-order in-store to pick their game up ASAP, since in my experience, GS stores are wildly inconsistent in how many pre-order bonuses they get (and who they dole out to). Any delay may mean no bonus.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Zon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Preorder a copy and then sell the game new. It will definitely be cheaper than trying to buy the minifigure after the fact on eBay, Amazon, etc.
Zon

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Got mine in!! I don't want to wait 3 months for Lex though. :( Boooo
Gooker1

Postby chronosknight » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am

Not too excited for the game. My girlfriend and I played through the first one together and had a decent enough time with it. Probably will pre-order this just to get the minifig though. Worried my Gamestop won't have enough pre-order bonuses, but I guess I'll see. Then I'll decide whether to keep the game or sell it.
chronosknight

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

EB Games Offers LEGO Batman 2 'Exclusive 5 Villains Character Pack' by fbtb, on Flickr

The Australian EB Games site is blazing the trail again being the first to offer another bonus with the pre-order of LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. In addition to the sweet power armour Lex Luthor figure you can also get a '5 Villain Pack' that includes Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, Black Adam, Black Manta and the fan favourite Bizzaro. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, this offer only applies to PS3 and Xbox users which is disappointing for the rest of us who may never get to play as some of these iconic villains. I have little doubt this will pop up for the the rest of us soon so keep your eyes out if you haven't pre-order this already.
buriedbybricks

Postby cas » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:16 pm

It's probably a good idea to stress that this "5-pack" is represented in-game and not actual minifigures.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby crazybirdman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:34 pm

yeah seriously, I almost wet myself with excitment
crazybirdman

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:31 pm

No kidding!!! I was on the verge of nerdgasm myself when I read this. The story doesn't give any indication that they're not actual minifigures; it needs to be made specific.
The_Chosen_1

Postby deadpool » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:22 pm

It would be awesome if they made the 5 villains actual minifigures in actual sets :D
deadpool

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Wouldn't really make any sense to limit actual toys to a specific system. If you took my statement about "playing" as a favourite character as playing with LEGO instead of the video game then I suppose EB doesn't say anywhere that they aren't toys either. MAYBE THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!1!! :facepalm:
buriedbybricks

Next

Return to Licensed Themes