Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel Superheroes Site Goes Live @ LEGO.com

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel Superheroes Site Goes Live @ LEGO.com

Postby Staff » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Iron Man Stats @ LEGO.com

Not a lot going on over there yet, but you can get a better look at each of the figures by clicking on their action shot. It even gives some statistics on their intelligence, strength, speed, agility and fighting ability. Though I would argue many of the stats like Iron Man being only one point below Thor in strength, I found it amusing that Tony's smarts are turned all the way up to 11...

The pre-orders can't be far behind now, but if the rumoured Spider-man set exists I'll bet it pulls a Dynamic Duo Funhouse and pops up out of nowhere at the last minute.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/03/24/marvel-superheroes-site-goes-live-lego-com/
Staff

Re: Marvel Superheroes Site Goes Live @ LEGO.com

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 am

A bit behind on this, aren't we? The site has been live for weeks.
Iron Man's strength may be exaggerated a bit, but his intelligence makes sense since it is his only real superpower (although technically it isn't really "super", just really high, like Steve Rogers' physical condition). He is one smart cookie. :)
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:07 pm

It's been a busy month, better late than never considering a lot of folks still didn't know.

The strength and speeds are all out of whack. I assume they are going with the movie and since the trailer shows Iron Man going toe to toe with Thor I guess their abilities have been adjusted quite liberally. One smack from Thor has torn Tony's suit to pieces and left it useless, but he is somehow only 3 points under the Hulk. He can't even hold off the Hulk for more than a few minutes in his Hulkbuster armour.
buriedbybricks

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't think you can compare Iron Man's (or anyone's) stats with those of the Hulk since his strength is pretty much limitless. It's only at 11 because that's the highest number they decided to give a character for some reason. Heck, he could probably even lift Thor's hammer if he got pissed off enough.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby buriedbybricks » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 pm

I suppose if a writer came along and couldn't get himself out of a corner or wanted to do something flashy to make a name for himself it could happen, but it was established way back in the original Avengers run that Hulk just wasn't worthy. As for limitless, I'd say Hulks powers just seem that way based on the majority of the other heroes abilities. I've seen Hulk have his butt handed to him many, many times . Of all the Avengers though Thor is the most closely matched, that's why Iron man being only one point down is ridiculous.

If 11 is the max, then the scale is obviously generalized because there are far smarter characters than Tony in the MU.

On that note, I hope we'll get to see Reed Richards & Victor Von Doom in a future set.
buriedbybricks

Postby DannyPowers » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:04 pm

According to Brickset, some stores in the UK have them available for purchase now...yet we can't even pre-order them in the US? I mean come on, It's Captain America on the team, not Captain Brittain.
DannyPowers

Postby bobalego » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:26 am

I am sure someone else has said this but as it is the first time I am seeing the aliens from the (Avengers) Superhero line, they look a lot like Zuckass. If only their eyes were big and bug looking...
bobalego

Postby JamminMonkey12 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Where's the Black Widow on the website? I'm not sure if they didn't add in some other figures yet, because it's not done, but the ones I'm sure of are there. Except for Black Widow. :facepalm:
JamminMonkey12

Return to Licensed Themes