Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

John Carter from Mars

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

John Carter from Mars

Postby mdilthey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 am

The gliders are so cool. Less than 24 hours after seeing the movie, I've got an order in for something like 40 of these:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30292 in Trans-blue.

Anyone have any ideas for this build? Anyone building gliders of your own?
mdilthey

Re: John Carter from Mars

Postby sparkart » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Haven't seen the movie...I was planning to make a trip to the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood to check it out, but the bad reviews made me rethink the super-premium ticket price, and convinced me that my John Carter entertainment dollar would be better spent on the Blu-Ray. However, I keep reading that folks enjoyed the movie. I may have to see it sooner rather than later, after all.

I really do want to see those airships on the big-screen, their design looks wonderful. I've assembled a small army of four-armed Tharks, along with a John Carter (Prince of Persia Dastan) and Dejah Thoris (Slave Leia), maybe I can use them to crew an airship. I got a bunch of these in light bluish grey from my local LEGO store's pick-a-brick wall a while back. I was thinking of use them for the airship "sails". Would it look weird?
sparkart

Postby Chief » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:09 pm

My wife and I loved it, even though thanks to the CRAP marketing we had no idea what we were getting into. I'll echo most of the other amateur reviews I've read that it isn't a masterpiece by any means, but it's way better than most other summer blockbusters, and deserving of sequels. The audience I saw it with applauded after it ended, and I've never seen that happen outside of midnight showings.
Chief

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 am

I've heard good things too, mostly it seems like the marketing blew, and that they seemed to spend their budget in weird ways so it might not make its money back till DVD. I'm not a big theater guy but I'll probly smack it on my netflix queue eventually.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby snail2go » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:35 am

I got a bunch of these in light bluish grey from my local LEGO store's pick-a-brick wall a while back. I was thinking of use them for the airship "sails". Would it look weird?

It can never hurt to try :D but if you have any of these I always find they help to get rid of squarish angles.
Besides, even if it does look weird, you will still end up with a) fun from lego, b) a new take? :)
snail2go

Return to General LEGO Discussions