Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Comic Con 2012

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Comic Con 2012

Postby Andi » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 am

Is anyone from FBTB going to Comic Con this year?
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Re: Comic Con 2012

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Oh, I wish. but I'm not. I know that doesn't help you...sorry.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:42 am

aww, John, why not? Is San Diego very far from you? I so would have loved to meet you.

I'm in San Diego from 11. to 15. July, going to Comic Con at Saturday and Sunday
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby cas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 am

I've been wanting to go for years. I'm hoping I'll get a chance to go either next year or in 2014.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby sparkart » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 am

I'm planning to go. I'm usually traipsing around in a costume, e.g. The Ghost Rider, or a Rebel Fleet Trooper, or X-wing Pilot. The year the movie Watchmen was released, I sported a Rorschach get-up.

I am getting lazier with the costumes, though. Last year I walked around in a Stormtrooper helmet with this T-shirt:

Depends a lot on the weather what can be tolerated for cosplaying. Wearing a costume that covers you from head-to-toe is somewhat a commitment to crazy; It's kinda like joining the circus. Especially hard for those guys wearing the less comfortable outfits, like Stormtroopers. Got to give the troops mad props for that commitment to their art.
sparkart

Postby Solo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:51 am

I'm thinking about it. I'd like to go again but it's really a matter of timing, so I'll have a better idea once the con is closer.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby sparkart » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Had no idea that "Comic-Con" was reaching this kind of cosmopolitan appeal:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/galler ... tos-293122
sparkart

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 am

Andi wrote:aww, John, why not? Is San Diego very far from you? I so would have loved to meet you.

I'm in San Diego from 11. to 15. July, going to Comic Con at Saturday and Sunday

Well, San Diego is probably 8-9 hours by car, provided I time it correctly so that I roll through Los Angeles in off-peak times. In other words, I'd be flying down. But, the distance isn't the issue. The problem would be obtaining tickets to Comic-Con, somewhere to stay, food, etc. Of course, I suppose if miracles happened and I landed a ticket, I could take the early flight down and the super late flight back. But, that's not likely to happen.

And yes, it would be very cool to meet you as well. :)
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Stormtrooper helmet plus that T-Shirt - sounds like a great costume, sparkart.
I think about taking my FX Laser Sword.
But I'm not sure if flight security would let me.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:The problem would be obtaining tickets to Comic-Con

Tickets apparently sold out within two hours of going on-sale (via The Beat, Bleeding Cool and U-T San Diego).

Some tickets are supposed to have been held back, to be made available much closer to the con itself, but if you don't have your tickets already, it's very likely that you're not going to get any at this point.

Andi wrote:I think about taking my FX Laser Sword.
But I'm not sure if flight security would let me.

As long as it went in your checked luggage, you should be fine.
AbstractedIdeal

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:07 pm

AbstractedIdeal wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:The problem would be obtaining tickets to Comic-Con

Tickets apparently sold out within two hours of going on-sale (via The Beat, Bleeding Cool and U-T San Diego).

Some tickets are supposed to have been held back, to be made available much closer to the con itself, but if you don't have your tickets already, it's very likely that you're not going to get any at this point.

I'm not at all surprised by this, as Comic Con has only become more popular in the last few years and thus, the tickets tend to sell out earlier every year.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby sparkart » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:06 am

At the risk of sounding like a bitter old man, Comic-con, for me, isn't as fun as it used to be. Before it got so crazy popular, you could see the big presentations in hall H, and check out lots of other panels in the smaller venues, and easily go in and out of hall H. Now, if you want to hit Hall H for the big presentations, you're stuck in line for hours, then stuck in the big room for hours. And the lines for everything are insane,now, especially to get those comic-con exclusives to flip on eBay.

I know this is a common complaint, and that's partly why they're limiting ticket sales, and making it more of a chore to get tickets.
sparkart

Postby Chief » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:06 am

I'm going to try to be there again this year, one way or another. My first one in 2010, and was blown away. 2011 was only for a few hours, and I missed not being there for more of it.

We're not having a BothCon this Star Wars Days at Legoland California, but it would be nice to get together whatever FBTB gang we have for a little something for ComicCon.
Chief

Postby jomandybri » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Chief wrote:We're not having a BothCon this Star Wars Days at Legoland California, but it would be nice to get together whatever FBTB gang we have for a little something for ComicCon.

How about Celebration, too?? XD Never met anyone, and I am kinda coming rom Australia for it... just a suggestion!
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby Andi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 am

Chief wrote:We're not having a BothCon this Star Wars Days at Legoland California, but it would be nice to get together whatever FBTB gang we have for a little something for ComicCon.

That would be awesome!
if I can help in any way organising such a BothCon, let me know.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby uruk-hailordoflords » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:50 pm

im gonna be at the seattle comic-con this year on friday but im not selling anything or wearing your tee dont have one mom will kill me if i order one
bow to the will of LOTR! urukhailordoflords
uruk-hailordoflords

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 am

I will be there per usual. Fun times are always had, but yes it's getting crazy crowded now. :(
Gooker1

Postby Andi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 am

Any updates regarding a Both Con planing? My offer to help still stands
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Return to BCS 2.0