Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[POLL] 2012 Podracer Challenge: Final round!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Pick your favorite pod from the five below:

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:59 pm

13%
13%
20%
26%
28%

Total votes : 158

Re: [POLL] 2012 Podracer Challenge: Final round!

Postby majortom » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Brainslugged wrote:
I can't believe neither of the Butchers made the cut though

Haha. I see what you did there...
majortom

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 am

Congrats to the winner. Bummer the Lizard man didn't win. That was my fave. Surprised the other one won considering the lizard man had the most votes in the prelims.
Gooker1

Postby madLEGOman » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 am

Congrats to sparkart, a very much deserved victory. You had a terific concept, and phenominal execution. Congrats to igginz too on a close second. I'm sure it could have easily gone either way
madLEGOman

Postby Igginz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 am

I got kind of excited after round one, so I was a little disappointed at not winning, but then I reminded myself that my goal was to make the finals, and to not be a jerk about this. It was an honor to do so well, and to get the attention of my peers. It has really inspired me to work on some smaller, more polished builds, instead of focusing on largescale, difficult to finish, projects. So that is a latent function of the contest for me, and one that has a farther reaching influence on my future building.

WOOOO!!!! almost won!!! thanks guys :P
Igginz

Postby sparkart » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:25 am

I remember the first time I entered an FBTB contest, I didn't even get a handful of votes, literally. The second time I entered an FBTB contest, I got even less votes, I mean, Captain Hook could count the number of votes I got on the fingers of his hook hand. Nowadays, I'm just happy to participate. The fierce competition makes for a better contest overall, doesn't it?

I do wonder if the contest entries should be anonymous, so that the contest entries compete on solely their own merits.
sparkart

Postby Solo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:40 am

There are problems with going fully anonymous for a contest. A lot of the excitement involved is seeing entries pop up in the submission thread, and I think without that there wouldn't be as good of a turn out. Also, it would still be easy for builders to campaign outside of FBTB, like on flickr/brickshelf/mocpages/other forums/chatrooms. Whenever I make contest polls I intentionally leave out the builder names so it's just the submissions all lined up, but beyond that I don't know how we could further encourage people to vote on builds alone without names swaying someone's opinion.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds