Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars: Brothers

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars: Brothers

Postby Blacknight » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:07 am

I think George Lucas just stole the childhoods of a second generation.

I was 15 when Ep. 1 came out in theaters and Darth Maul was definitely the best part of that movie. And now... now he's been brought back to life for no good reason in the most contrived way possible as a spider gollum... thing. With a talking snake companion. I just... don't know what to say after seeing this episode. My memories of Darth Maul as a silent, mysterious, deadly, nimble assassin (almost a supernatural force of nature) have been replaced with... this insane laughing chattering.... thing.
Blacknight

Re: The Clone Wars: Brothers

Postby Solo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:22 am

Good thing you don't read comics, because I'm pretty sure he was brought back and killed off again there too already.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Blacknight » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:35 am

The difference is this TV series is supposed to be official Star Wars G-canon, produced and supervised by George Lucas (and in the case of this episode, written by his own daughter). The comics were all short alternate universe side-stories by contracted authors and were never intended to be taken "seriously" at the time of their writing.
Blacknight

Postby jomandybri » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:16 am

Solo wrote:Good thing you don't read comics, because I'm pretty sure he was brought back and killed off again there too already.

Just out of interest, are you referring to the one where Luke kills his Force ghost? Or another one...?
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby StoutFiles » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:41 am

jomandybri wrote:
Solo wrote:Good thing you don't read comics, because I'm pretty sure he was brought back and killed off again there too already.

Just out of interest, are you referring to the one where Luke kills his Force ghost? Or another one...?

-Luke vs Maul Force Ghost
-Vader vs Maul
-Older Obi-Wan vs Maul

The difference is that these stories are all just fun "what-if" stories because the canon is so low and so few people read them. With the TV show, you have millions of kids now accepting these silly story lines as fact, ultimately cheapening the line over time.
StoutFiles

Postby emmtwosix » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Prediction: Maul will be cut in half once again, this time lengthwise, by Obi-Wan upon the completion of which Kenobi will make a witty remark to the tune of Maul having to "split" or something about Maul's "better half," then in 2023, Lucas will release Star Wars: Attack of the Clone Wars: Redeux - Much Ado About Clones in which both of Darth Maul's upper halves have been kept alive cybernetically (again) and seek revenge on Kenobi a third time and are referred to as Darths Mauls. *fingers crossed* :roll:
emmtwosix

Postby Solo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm

The one I was thinking of was whichever got this action figure:
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby StoutFiles » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:45 am

That would be Maul vs Older Obi-Wan on Tatooine. Maul is killed when Owen Lars shoots him in the back. It's a fun what-if story.
StoutFiles

Postby LYLA.it » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 am

Whish to have the NEW naked torso minifig :( ( still missing for the moment)
http://instagr.am/p/IHLGYhJCyy/

LYLA.it

Postby Blacknight » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:34 am

Between the sad spectacle of drummed up self-congratulation that shouldn't be needed for a brand like Star Wars, the clueless kids who thought it was great because they're too dumb to know any better, the facepalm worthy geeks who should know how terrible this whole idea is but don't (or are paid stand-in Lucasfilm employees) and especially the child putting on the Satan mask, this has to be the most nauseating marketing video I've seen so far on the internet this year:

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_event ... turns.html
Blacknight

Return to Star Wars