Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Darth Maul Returns In New Clone Wars Trailer

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Darth Maul Returns In New Clone Wars Trailer

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:03 pm

After last seasons teaser at the end of the "Nightsisters" arc, fans have been waiting to see the return old half 'n half. If there's one thing the Clone Wars is good at, it's keeping viewers in suspense through incredibly long stretches between accompanying arcs. I've been waiting to see this tease pay off and it seems like it could be one of the best arcs of the season with the two part season finale starting on March 9th with the episode "Brothers", then finishing March 16th with "Revenge". Fans of the Nightsisters storylines should be in their glory for the next four weeks starting with tonights "Massacre". I'm guessing this will be another arc I'd hessitate to let my son watch, but I can't say no to anything that features the voice talent of Clancy Brown. There's even a behind the scenes featurette about Sam Witwer's work to bring Darth Maul to the small screen for those who enjoy an overdose of spoilers.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/24/darth-maul-returns-in-new-clone-wars-trailer/
Staff

Re: Darth Maul Returns In New Clone Wars Trailer

Postby RancorRider8 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Dang! Darth Maul looks epic in CW style! I can't stand the Nightsisters though. Probably won't watch.
Rancors are neither cuddly, nor cute. But it's one heck of a riding experience!
(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
RancorRider8

Postby Blacknight » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:06 am

"I have been waiting! Fueled by my singular hatred - for you!!" :facepalm:

As Harrison Ford said, "George you can type this **** but you sure as **** can't say it". Darth Maul was cool in the movie because he was spared most of Lucas' awful dialogue. Now they're going to drag him down into the same pit of mediocrity by removing the mystique he used to have.

I really do wish he'd just stayed dead.
Blacknight

Postby RancorRider8 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 pm

That would have been nice. Oh well, if he's gonna be alive, we might as well make the best of it!
RancorRider8

Postby StoutFiles » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 pm

RancorRider8 wrote:That would have been nice. Oh well, if he's gonna be alive, we might as well make the best of it!

The only way to make the best of it is to not watch it, and let sleeping dogs lie. It's getting sad how often dead characters are brought back to life. It was ok with Boba, then slightly cringe-worthy with Palpatine, and then really stupid with Maul, but at least those were all EU and so it wasn't thrust into your face. Now they're going to start reviving movie characters for easy publicity and money in shows that they make up a new level of higher canon for.

Why not bring everyone back? Here's some starters for the rumored show that will happen between Episodes III and IV.

Mace Windu: Electrocuted and flung out window. Well, maybe he caught a flying car like Anakin did in Episode II! Maybe he just hit the ground and got up because Jedi have been known to survive huge falls without injury like Obi-Wan in Episode I!

Kit Fisto: Stabbed by Palpatine in Episode III. Well, later in the scene when they cut back to the door Fisto is gone! Movie mistake? Nope, he survived!
StoutFiles

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 pm

StoutFiles wrote:Mace Windu: Electrocuted and flung out window. Well, maybe he caught a flying car like Anakin did in Episode II! Maybe he just hit the ground and got up because Jedi have been known to survive huge falls without injury like Obi-Wan in Episode I!

Kit Fisto: Stabbed by Palpatine in Episode III. Well, later in the scene when they cut back to the door Fisto is gone! Movie mistake? Nope, he survived!

What about Jango? I can see him surviving with his head attached to a battle droid's body. :lol:
Walter Boy

Postby RancorRider8 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Why stop there? What if Count Dooku didn't actually die, and it was a human replica droid!
RancorRider8

Postby Blacknight » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:34 pm

I for one can't wait until Biggs and Porkins are digitally re-inserted into the ending celebrations of A New Hope and Return of the Jedi.
Blacknight

Postby sparkart » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm

And Greedo was only stunned. He's not really dead. As long as we remember him. Wait, sorry Tiberius, wrong universe...

But back on topic...I don't like the Nightsisters, either, or any of that magicky nonsense. It feels like some creators are trying to turn Star Wars into Final Fantasy. I remember Genndy Tartakovsky talking about respecting what is "Star Wars-y" when he was making Clone Wars. Maybe he was more cognizant of distilling that Star Wars essence and mix of humor, hardware, drama, and action, because he was time-limited.

Maul coming back is something that I think should've stayed conjectural, or side-story, so that the fandom can make up their own stories. There's something cooler about the concept of Maul returning, than the actual return of Maul, IMHO.
sparkart

Postby majortom » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:17 am

Sparkart wrote:
Maul coming back is something that I think should've stayed conjectural, or side-story, so that the fandom can make up their own stories. There's something cooler about the concept of Maul returning, than the actual return of Maul, IMHO

I never really thought about it like that, but now that it has been said, I completely agree. I was pretty fascinated by the concept when it was conveyed in the book, Star Wars: Visionaries, as far-fetched and ridiculous as it seemed.

I haven't accepted an awful lot of the Cone Wars TV series as canon though, tbh. The creators have taken too many liberties and made so many alterations to what had already been established in the Republic comic books (which I loved) I really don't want to accept Filoni's interpretation; I'm staying with what I read originally, by writers and artists that (to some extent) have garnered much more of my respect.
majortom

Postby Blacknight » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Yeah, the Night Sisters just fall into this weird paranormal magical munchy gray area outside the established Jedi/Sith dichotomy. I really don't like the idea of them one bit. They feel like they're out of a really bad 70s Marvel SW comic. And yes, I got massive Final Fantasy vibes from the second half of Season 3, and not in a good way. The Mortis trilogy was atrocious and permanently damaged my respect for Star Wars. Partly why I'm so cynical about the brand nowdays. I hope they don't fall back into that supernatural stuff for the rest of this season. It just doesn't belong in Star Wars, or at least my sense of what Star Wars should be.
Blacknight

Return to Star Wars