Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Toy Fair 2012: Lord of the Rings

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Toy Fair 2012: Lord of the Rings

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks. It's been so long since I have read the book that I didn't remember the description at all. I'm sure if I were more into LOTR then I'd be swapping hats too. The figure doesn't fit that image in my mind, and the movie costume doesn't even make the distinction quite so clear. They didn't call it greyish blue, or sort of blue, just blue. Blue Squadron: I consider you less crazy now.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Blue Squadron » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 pm

He he...! XD

Like I said, I'm primarily a fan of the books - and Bruce just quoted the exact description I was thinking of. The old bright blue hat would be a bit too much, hence sand blue is the best approximation for me but I realise it wasn't all that obvious in the movies so YMMV...! ;)

As for crazy - look, I'm a physician who has more Lego than his kids, crazy is just part of the game, right...?
:p :shock: :cool:

:lol:
Blue Squadron

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 pm

If nothing else, you're in the right place.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Brickmythic » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 pm

bruce n h wrote:An old man was driving it all alone. He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak, and a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrows that stuck out beyond the brim of his hat.

nice find, I just checked it out too.

Gandalf arrives set is actually my favorite in the line. good for me so I can wait for decent sales to pick up everything else.

Thanks FBTB contributors for the best pics on the web and info related to the new sets!
Keep up the good work!
Brickmythic

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes