Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Postby Dr.Lego » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 pm

Hmmm.......
R2, Yoda, or Obi?
They've all seen the whole thing with Anakin.
Yoda kinda just sat home and waited for Luke who OBI told him to go.
OBI saved Luke and watched over him.
And R2 was just silly. :p
Of course you would have to read this first: http://www.morningstar.nildram.co.uk/A_New_Sith.html
Yep that's right. No links!!
Dr.Lego

Postby legomatt » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Boba Fett
legomatt

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:27 am

Senator Palpatine/The Emperor - Because he was the only character that was greatly acted in both the PT and OT. Ian McDiarmid freaking owned that part in the PT. His performance is one of the few saving graces of the PT. Plus, I still get shivers during the Palpatine scenes in RotJ. Great character. Great acting. Simply the best.

And just for funsies... My least favorite character would have to be Boba Fett (Yep, he's even lower than Jar Jar). He's really just a whiney emo kid whose "guy from which I was cloned" was killed so he went off and moped. Then, later, he shows up to capture Han, but was only able to do so after Vader completely incapacitated him in carbonate. And, as if all that weren't enough, he ends up being killed by a stumbling blind man. Talk about your whiney, pretentious, premadonna, Paris Hiltons of a character. I mean, even Jar Jar killed a couple of droids, but what did Boba Fett ever do? Absolutely nothing! Completely. Worthless. XD
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Robzula » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:09 am

Jacen Solo, especially post-Yuuzhan Vong War. The way he matured from loving all things living, to questioning all he was taught and all seeing that was wrong with the Jedi Order, to wondering his true place in the Galaxy and nearly finding it, until he was tortured, brainwashed, and transformed into a cold, aloof individual who placed the greater good over any single person, eventually turning into a Sith lord in order to create peace in the Galaxy (which he almost did until the Dark Side corrupted him and turned him evil, though in the end he was redeemed). Really, he brings a lot of emotional depth to the universe; I got a tear in my eye at the end of one of the LotF books when he'd lost everything, everyone he knew and loved had turned against him, but he didn't become bitter or angry, all he felt toward them was love.

Close runners-up are Anakin Solo for being such a wise little kid, Ben Skywalker for doing the same but being gorram funny on top of it, and Obi-Wan for being that strong, just force that instills a mystical awe whenever he speaks.
Last edited by Robzula on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby HoboBob1138 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 am

Actually, Boba lived, he used his jet pack later to get out. Anywho, the books where Jacen fell and was defeated were the saddest to me. He was a coward, couldn't even give Mara Jade a decent death. But that's neither here nor there. My favorite character is Anakin Solo. I grew up reading the books where he was in the academy, so I had a connection with him, and when he died, it was horrible.
No matter the distance, no matter how far
HoboBob1138

Postby Stegoceras » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Quinlan Vos, Although he hardly appeared in the movies(he was retconned into the phanton Menace and cut from Revenge of the sith) He certainly is a great character, he is the protagonist in many of the republic series comics and he certainly is a kick sarlacc Jedi, who has walked both dark and light and has no problem playing dirty, He has even scrapped with Dooku and always has nice one-liners. and he survived order 66 of course which makes him more than worth of mentioning of course.

Coming is second and close third would be Han Solo and Obi-Wan Kenobi, I mean I don't even have to explain those choices, I believe.
Stegoceras

Postby Plo Koon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Darth Revan, with Galen Marek in a close second.
Plo Koon

Postby meeotch » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 am

Plo Koon wrote:Darth Revan, with Galen Marek in a close second.

I would have guessed Plo Koon was your favorite.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Harmonica » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Hmm, tied between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. Both are awesome.
Harmonica

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:24 am

hmm...Well, this is gonna be hard as Star Wars has so many memorable characters. As far as major OT characters, I would have to say Han Solo. For Minor OT characters, I say Boba Fett. For major PT characters, I say Yoda. (I liked him better in the PT as the wise Buddha one second then as the epic samurai warrior the next. I didn't like him in the OT that much as I just couldn't get over him acting so strange when we first meet him in ESB, though I did tear up in Yoda's death-scene in ROTJ) I don't really have a favorite minor PT character. And then there's the EU. Major EU character would have to be Starkiller from TFU cause he's just the bad-ass all powerful bad-boy Jedi. For minor EU characters, I would have to say Commander Fordo from the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon cause he's the quintessential bad-ass clone leader (I want him and his squad to have their own spin-off series, A-Team style)
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Postby HoosierZephyr » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Mitth'raw'nuruodo (Grand Admiral Thrawn), he is one of the greatest mind in Star Wars. He is not evil per-say, just wants to bring order to the galaxy.
HoosierZephyr

Postby Plo Koon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Revan. Just pure awesomeness.
Plo Koon

Postby LazerRex » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Ben Skywalker. However, if you are just limiting me to moves/TV then yoda or "old Ben" (Eposode 4 version).
LazerRex

Postby Plo Koon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:00 pm

meeotch wrote:
Plo Koon wrote:Darth Revan, with Galen Marek in a close second.

I would have guessed Plo Koon was your favorite.

lol. Ya, i was excited about him when i made this account, though it wore off.
Plo Koon

Postby Isaac5 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:25 am

Admiral Ackbar is the best.
Isaac5

Postby bendog2008 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Plo Koon is my favourite. Closely followed by Darth Nihilus. He looks badass :lol:
bendog2008

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:28 pm

There are way too many good characters to pick a single favorite. Darth Malgus, Boba Fett, General Grievous (Tartakovsky version of course), Durge, Han Solo, Thrawn, Revan... The list goes on and on. :p
GroudonMan

Postby Ebak » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:15 am

Kyle Katarn, the Dark Forces games was my introduction to gaming and it started my passion for playing and making games. Plus, he's such a badass.
Ebak

Postby kelano28 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Quinlan Vos gets my vote. I'm a big fan of the clone wars era and Dark Horse's interpretation of it.
kelano28

Postby dWhisper » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:38 pm

I will always pick "Ice Cream Machine Guy." There was no one more crucial in either trilogy.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars