Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Toys R Us Sale for Star Wars Lego

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Toys R Us Sale for Star Wars Lego

Postby ufjason » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 pm

I had no idea the ywing was a tru exclusive. I was chatting with an employee at the lego store and he was adamant that there would be no more store exclusives when I had suggested that the dynamic duo fun house was a TRU exclusive. I think he must have read some internal communique wrong. What I've noticed is they no longer have special edition in a yellow stripe on the boxes and there's nothing different about the box design. At least there are definitely still store exclusives we might not get otherwise.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Bellicose » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:25 pm

In plain terms, with this sale, jump on the Y-wing if you can.

I won't do a full review, but it's not a whole lot different from the last system-scale y-wing (flick-fire missiles are in the same place on the engine 'wings' actually, and there's a proton bomb bay again). Improvements are a better overhead ion cannon and nose-mounted laser cannons, those would pop off the old one everytime it bumped something.

Oh, and for minifigs you once again get Dutch Vander/Gold leader, but I think this helmet has some different coloration/details than past figures. There's a completely new astromech droid head and color that I like, and Yavin awards ceremony Princess Leia rounds out the Han and Luke from the LSW guide books.

For this price I think it's worth it.
Bellicose

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Bellicose wrote:In plain terms, with this sale, jump on the Y-wing if you can. . . For this price I think it's worth it.

Absolutely. At $41.99, you actually come out slightly ahead of the $0.10/part ratio, so that in itself makes it a reasonable price for brick and parts, anyway. Add in the fact that there are a couple sweet figs and it's a decent model, it's actually a pretty good price. I was more than willing to pay MSRP for it ($50), but glad that a sale came along before I got too antsy.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals