Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Toys R Us Sale for Star Wars Lego

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Toys R Us Sale for Star Wars Lego

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:58 am

I just received a flyer in the mail stating all Star Wars toys (Lego included) are 30% off. And if you spend more than $35, you get a Darth Maul USB!

And to top it off, Series 6 Minifigs are 2 for $5.

Can't beat that w/ a stick. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're all sold out b/c they always are there. Happy hunting!
Gooker1

Re: Toys R Us Sale for Star Wars Lego

Postby b4p » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:08 am

The toys r us near me doesnt have the sets i'm wanting :/
Last edited by b4p on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
b4p

Postby ufjason » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 am

Doesn't start till tomorrow, it's in their 12-18th ad. Nice deal, better than the bogo 50% even with the tru tax.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Not bad. I think I'll go over there tomorrow and try to complete my Series 6 set. Thanks for sharing this!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby goshe7 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Last week my TRU finally dropped the price on their massive pile of SW Advent Calendars (20-30 of them?) from a clearance price of $39.98 to $34.98. Adding in that 30% discount (which probably won't apply) will drop the price to $26.57. Only $6.67 more than the clearance price at Wal-Mart!

Seriously TRU... Do I have to Wait until Easter to get a decent clearance price?
goshe7

Postby ufjason » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:47 pm

advent calendars are clogging wm shelves at 19.99 clearance.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby MShiels » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Star wars for 19.99, that's not a bad deal, city maybe not a super deal.

I know in prior years City advent quite often got down to $5 each on clearance and are superb at that price.
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby tmantones » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm assuming this didn't start at midnight? Their site is promoting the sale but I added the Super Star Destroyer to my cart and nearly checked out but didn't see the 30% off. Will try again later in the day tomorrow.
tmantones

Postby mjence » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 am

Just checked this out at 1:04 am MST.

The 30% off sale appears to be only on "top selling" Star Wars items. However, the site seems to contradict itself because in another place it says "all Star Wars" on sale. The only new sets that showed up when I clicked the 30% off banner were the Y-Wing (9495) and Geonosian Cannon (9491), but when I add those to my cart, they don't show up with the 30% discount.

Maybe I'm just too early and the website is not fully updated yet.

On the Series 6 minifigs "buy 2 for $5.00" sale, it appears to literally mean "buy 2 - no more, no less - for $5." I tried to put 20 in my cart, 2 of them went in the cart for $5, and 18 of them went in the cart at full price.
mjence

Postby madLEGOman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:52 am

on the new price sheets i've seen, $3.49 is the current msrp for the series six minifigs... even though the lego.com price is still $2.99 so you would actually be saving a little more off the msrp
madLEGOman

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:39 am

Wow...why did I even have any faith in Toys R Us at all. They're misleading everyone with. All Star Wars on sale / Star Wars Favorites 30% off. It looks like most items are 10% off, and just the 'favorites' are 30% off.

Misleading sob's. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up. What a jip.
Gooker1

Postby twbooth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:14 am

Yeah, clicking on the banner can show you the eligible products, which are only the :
Battle of Naboo: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... chURL=true
Ewok Attack: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... chURL=true
Y Wing: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... chURL=true
...but the Death Star is like 15% off, which isn't bad since they don't mark it up (like everything else). Sadly, no sale on new X-Wing or TIE Fighter. :-(
twbooth

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:01 am

Just... wow.

I updated the main page post. What a misleading advertisement. Figured it was too good to be true.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby b4p » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:04 am

Will amazon.com price match? I submitted the lower price to amazon, so hopefully they will price match soon.
b4p

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Ewok Attack is a "top seller" at TRU? o_O
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

the minifigure offer is only limited online, not in stores. You can buy as many minifigs in store in even quantities to get the 2 for $5 deal. This is confirmed by the way.
ufjason

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Bleh... updating the main page post again.

I went to check out my local store. There was no limit for Series 6. There was only one case though, and it had been pretty well picked over. Got four I need to complete my set. They had a number of Series 5 cases out, but those weren't part of the promotion.

The Star Wars sale prices are a total joke. The best discount appears to be the Y-Wing at 23% below MSRP.

Might as well wait for double VIP points in the LEGO stores in March, assuming there's one nearby. There's also going to be the free poster with $35 Star Wars purchase.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:15 pm

A little TRU update. Like people have reported, there isn't a quantity limit for the minifigs, so I was able to score a set plus some extras.

I really really hate what TRU likes to do with all of their misleading "sales." I decided to give it a whirl at my TRU regarding the so called sale. I brougt the ad and pointed out that it says all and it's 30% off. TI kindly asked the manager to take a look, he didn't see any restrictions to Lego, sohe had the customer service rep ring it up at 30% off. It looks like that corporate email didn't reach everyone, so I was fortunate. YMMV if you travel to one and ask, so it doesn't hurt.

Good luck all!
Gooker1

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:28 am

At my local TRU, they did have "all LEGO Star Wars" on sale. . . at 10% off. Then the 4 "top sellers" were 30% off. However, it sounds that the advertising was a little shifty on this whole thing, which is part of what I hate about TRU. Shiftiness, and extreme mark-ups.

Sadly, I'm a sucker for cheap brick, so I still gave them my business and picked up the Y-wing. Looking forward to building that one!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Bellicose » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:51 pm

It's a great price for the Y-Wing and Geonosian cannon...there's a couple other ones that have the 'bigger discount' too, like the Battle of Naboo and the Ewok tree-fort from last year. Only problem with those two is 1) they're older sets and people may have them already 2) their 'discount' just barely cancels out the TrU surcharge, bumping them down to 23.09, so a whole 1.90 savings over actual MSRP, and 3) there's been better deals at Target (I think I picked up both sets for $15 or $20 last fall).

The Y-Wing is a TrU exclusive and Lego B&M/S@H doesn't price match, so this is probably the best price we'll see on it for awhile. It's a pretty good price actually, wish I hadn't jumped on it two weeks ago...and already built it...
Bellicose

Next

Return to Finds/Deals