Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

More Avengers Set Images

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

More Avengers Set Images

Postby Staff » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 pm

6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle

Marvel.com published an article yesterday with some official promotional pictures of the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Avengers sets. Hulk's face is purposefully shadowed out. The LEGO booth at New York Toy Fair had the same prototype Hulk that was shown at San Diego Comic Con. If a final painted version exists, it hasn't been seen or photographed yet. This is probably as close as it gets, for now anyway. More pics rehosted below, hi res available on their respective flickr pages.

Thanks to Pontus Lee for writing it in.

And Iron Man is still ugly.

6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle 1
6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle 2
6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout
6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
Avengers Minifigures

Photos from ">Marvel.com
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/13/more-marvel-set-images/
Staff

Re: More Avengers Set Images

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Iron Man helmet still looks ridiculous. Less so when open, but still incredibly humongous.
Mister Ed

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I wish Hawkeye were purple, and I wouldn't mind seeing a Nick Fury in there somewere. Otherwise I'm satisfied. These are going to be the first sets I've bought in a while.
Jay

Postby plebeianprint » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:17 pm

There's something about the Quinjet that gives me a Megablocks feel. I think that it's the metallic shimmer of the wing color.
plebeianprint

Postby gomek » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Ironman head is really awful. The version where it's it's just a painted head is 100 times better. Also, have to mention that I'm getting worried that the Comic Con preview minifigs aren't going to hit the stores. That would be the most obnoxious move by Lego since that limited gold C3PO. Way to stick it to the fans!
gomek

Postby etcknight » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 am

I'm kind of "Meh" about these. I wish Iron Man was better - maybe a chest piece or armor or something. And, the sets just don't look that great IMO. I'll probably stick to SW + LOTR.
etcknight

Postby samworm » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:28 am

I still don't like the fact that both Lego and MegaBloks are simultaneously making Marvel figures. My brother is a tutor and lots of the parents he deals with had bought "Lego" sets for Christmas that he recognised as being something other than Lego (Kre-O was common). This kind of overlap of licences can only make it worse...
samworm

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 am

Cap's white eye sockets are creeping me out. They look almost evil.
Walter Boy

Postby woodypop » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am

plebeianprint wrote:There's something about the Quinjet that gives me a Megablocks feel. I think that it's the metallic shimmer of the wing color.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not so sure that I'll be picking up this line. The vehicles and playsets don't really "wow" me.
woodypop

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:29 am

The wings are grey and dark grey, there is no metallic shimmer. Is the light glint throwing you off? It wasn't any shinier than other sets. I think those 6x6 snickered tiles are what seem off to me. Pretty solid plane though.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Crusader » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:09 am

The plane looks pretty good, as do most of the sets. But Ironman...wow. The size of Lego headgear has been on the rise, but this is a clear example of when something goes too far. Way. Too. Far. I may just have to buy one of those convention exclusives off Ebay, and I'm never one to do that. The rest of the figs look pretty good though.

Hopefully there is someone at Lego who is reading these posts and will get a normal sized Ironman head into mass distribution, but I doubt it.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Sharpie Clone » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 am

I think I'll pass on the Avengers. And like many of the people, I think Ironman's head is ridiculously large. I understand trying to add some cool-factor with the flip up feature, but I have to say this looks like a Fail.
Sharpie Clone

Postby bluishgrey » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:31 am

Iron Man head/helmet is too big - hate that so much. Hulk is too big for my liking as well. No interest in new school tactical hawkeye. Sets are meh. Disappointed.
bluishgrey

Postby bigospedros » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:13 am

Please remember that these pics still show preliminary figures ... not the final ones ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby spud405 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am

Meh. I like Marvel but I've always been more of a DC kind of guy myself. I think I'm probably going to pass on these sets as well. The only one I might consider is the Wolverine set. But apart from that, the Avengers sets look a little bland. I know the Iron Man and Hulk are still prototypes in this picture, but I feel like I've seen MOC's of Iron Man that are are much, much better than the figure we're getting. Other than that, none of the figures are all that interesting to me. (except for the Wolverine set!)
spud405

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 am

Crusader wrote:Hopefully there is someone at Lego who is reading these posts and will get a normal sized Ironman head into mass distribution

That is not going to happen. They've spent a lot of time designing that helmet with the face visor flip up feature, and compared to Batman's cowl it's not really that much bigger so it's not a problem in their eyes. They like it. They think kids will like it. That's pretty much the end of the story.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Crusader » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Yeah, I know it will never happen.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Solo wrote:
Crusader wrote:Hopefully there is someone at Lego who is reading these posts and will get a normal sized Ironman head into mass distribution

That is not going to happen. They've spent a lot of time designing that helmet with the face visor flip up feature, and compared to Batman's cowl it's not really that much bigger so it's not a problem in their eyes. They like it. They think kids will like it. That's pretty much the end of the story.

I like it. :)
Gooker1

Postby Coret » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 pm

bluishgrey wrote:Iron Man head/helmet is too big - hate that so much. Hulk is too big for my liking as well. No interest in new school tactical hawkeye. Sets are meh. Disappointed.

By Marvel's standards Hulk is actually too small.

Love the new Compound Bow Hawkeye has though. I always reserve judgment till I have a figure in my hand, pictures are great( and fbtb's coverage is awesome) but somethings you find better when you actually see them.
Coret

Postby onions » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:54 pm

gomek wrote:Ironman head is really awful. The version where it's it's just a painted head is 100 times better. Also, have to mention that I'm getting worried that the Comic Con preview minifigs aren't going to hit the stores. That would be the most obnoxious move by Lego since that limited gold C3PO. Way to stick it to the fans!

it's been announced previously that the preview figs from SDCC were show exclusive and weren't going to be made available later.
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Licensed Themes