Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Tonight - The Clone Wars: Crisis On Naboo

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Tonight - The Clone Wars: Crisis On Naboo

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:07 pm

CW Crisis on Naboo preview

If you are not out at the cinema watching a certain film in 3D don't forget to tune into the Clone Wars tonight

The Chancellor travels to Naboo to preside over a public ceremony, guarded by Jedi Knights. Dooku and his bounty hunters -- including an undercover Obi-Wan Kenobi -- launch their kidnapping plot.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/10/tonight-the-clone-wars-crisis-on-naboo/
Staff

Re: Tonight - The Clone Wars: Crisis On Naboo

Postby RancorRider8 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:02 pm

This was a good episode. I was actually disappointed to see this arc end.
Rancors are neither cuddly, nor cute. But it's one heck of a riding experience!
(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
RancorRider8

Postby Blacknight » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

I was pretty underwhelmed with this episode. I thought this arc seemed to be building to something significant but it all just petered out into nothing in this episode. It all had no long term consequences except maybe Anakin getting a little madder at the Jedi which he'll forget next episode. The Box episode before this was good because you didn't know which bounty hunters would make it out alive so there was dramatic tension, but here when the focus switches to Palpatine himself, it's impossible to care what becomes of him, and you know nothing will anyway. They didn't even use his ransom as a way to get all the Separatist leaders out of jail (and Bane is back IN jail, again).

And there were logic failures at every turn. Like Cad Bane disguising himself as a known separatist leader (oh yeah, that's not going to draw any attention whatsoever). Also, after being so successful at worming Obi-wan into the heart of criminal-dom, why would Mace give away his identity so casually? They could have pretended to arrest him so he could keep spying on Bane, who wasn't privy to Dooku's eaves dropping (the fact Obi never checked the briefcase for a listening device before talking to the Jedi stretched credibility).

So what was really achieved here after using up thousands of dollars worth of animation budget and 2 hours of our time? Obi-wan wearing the concept Boba helmet was neat, but again, that all happened in the episode before this. This arc could've been condensed to 2 episodes easily. To leave room for you know, more clone WARS.
Blacknight

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 am

I thought it was a great episode. Blacknight, you obviously didn't pay any attention during these episodes. Please read my review of it on the EBSWF Blog: http://eurobricksstarwarsforum.com/2012/02/14/the-clone-wars-review-crisis-on-naboo/
Once you do you will see that:
- This arc was indeed building up to something and did have some consequences.
- The episode was never about whether Palpy would survive the kidnapping or not, or whether the bounty hunters would get their ransom.
- Bane was disguised as a random Neimoidian senator, not Nute Gunray if that's what you're implying.
- There was no point in further spying on Bane, so no need for Obi-Wan to stay undercover. Besides, he pretty much already blew his cover when he turned on Bane.
- Who would expect a comlink to be hidden in a weapons case without having reasonable suspicions??
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:45 am

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Please read my review of it

I was interested in your review... But can you add some paragraph breaks? That's a giant wall of reversed-out text you've got there. :shock:

m19
Morgan19

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Morgan19 wrote:
Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Please read my review of it

I was interested in your review... But can you add some paragraph breaks? That's a giant wall of reversed-out text you've got there. :shock:

Sorry, but I'd like to keep the blog post as short as possible, so I use as few paragraphs as I can. I usually don't write this much, but there were so many things to be addressed in this episode, so please bear with me on this one.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Return to Star Wars