Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Kre-O to do military themed sets for Battleship movie

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Kre-O to do military themed sets for Battleship movie

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 pm

I picked up 2 of the Transformers Kre-O sets out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the bricks, etc for this line (my go-to new part was a 55 gallon drum mold). While I certainly don't think I'll be jumping ship any time soon, we might end up with some unique molds (especially for minifig weapons!) out of this line, so I thought it'd be an interesting discussion to have. Here's the pertinant part of the press release that I pulled off a (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/hasbro-toy-fair-2012-press-release-174342/ )Transformers site:

Hasbro expands its presence in the construction aisle in 2012 with several new KRE-O building featuring Hasbro’s popular BATTLESHIP and TRANSFORMERS properties. In spring, get ready to hero up with an elite crew of military KREON forces to battle against an alien invasion and pretend to save the Earth with the new KRE-O BATTLESHIP line based on the Universal Studios summer movie BATTLESHIP. The line features KREON figures of soldiers and aliens for kids to create their own adventures, while providing construction fans with tanks, ships, and helicopters made of KRE-O bricks to pretend to battle the incoming alien race on sea, land, or in the air! There will be eight products in this line including the new KRE-O BATTLESHIP U.S.S. MISSOURI building set. Hasbro will also release QUEST FOR ENERGON themed KRE-O TRANSFORMERS building sets featuring 2-in-1 builds where kids can lead the search for these long lost pieces of the TRANSFORMERS lifeblood in order to keep the ultimate ENERGON weapon from falling into the wrong hands.

I'm sure we'll see pics at Toyfair, since this was Hasbro's 2012 Toyfair press release. I'll be interested in seeing what they do with it.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: Kre-O to do military themed sets for Battleship movie

Postby cas » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:54 am

Looks like there will be kreo sets based on next year's Star Trek film as well (and perhaps other films and TV shows too).
cas
Staff Writer

Postby JamesBenjamin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:25 am

http://insiderimages.photoshelter.com/g ... ZFnLZytDiA

There's the first leaked pic from toyfair.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby SWATminifigGUY » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 pm

As for Star Trek Kre-os, my worst fears have been realized. Star Trek would have been a refreshing license for Lego, heck, I'd even rather have Megabloks Star Trek!
SWATminifigGUY

Postby dWhisper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

After seeing the trailer for Battleship, I at first assumed it was just Transformers 4. They could probably just sticker over the Transformers part on Kre-O and be done with it. Who would possibly notice the difference?
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Solo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 pm

I thought their alien figures looked neat at least.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to General LEGO Discussions