Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Jabba's Palace pictures/video

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Jabba's Palace pictures/video

Postby StoutFiles » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:23 am

StoutFiles

Re: Jabba's Palace pictures/video

Postby Ton65 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 am

It looks great to me, only a bit dissapointed with B' Omarr Monk, a new mould or design would be nice. I would very much like to know if Bib Fortuna is almost or even completely the same as the first one.
Ton65

Postby bigospedros » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:39 am

Ton65 wrote:It looks great to me, only a bit dissapointed with B' Omarr Monk, a new mould or design would be nice. I would very much like to know if Bib Fortuna is almost or even completely the same as the first one.

Ummm, I only had a brief look at the London fair and I think, at least, his head printing is new ... can't be 100% certain though. I'm sure we'll know more come the weekend.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:41 am

I've been stoked for this set from the beginning, and it keeps looking better and better. Thanks for the update!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby SWLegoFanatic » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 am

I have the original version of this set and all I can say is WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!

Nice retools of some of the minifigs, some new minifigs...Now that they've retooled Jabba, maybe a Ziro is in the not-too-distant future? ;-). LOL

Would also love to see a Salacious Crumb, Jabba's band and Rancor pit as "add on" sets, kind of how they did the Jabba's gift and Jabba's message mini sets for the original set. :-D. IT WOULD BE EPIC!
SWLegoFanatic

Postby Qzak » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:09 am

SWLegoFanatic wrote:Would also love to see a Salacious Crumb

Isn't that Crumb sitting on the bottom left of the 1st picture at the top?
Qzak

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 am

[quote="SWLegoFanatic"

Would also love to see a . . . Rancor pit as "add on" sets, kind of how they did the Jabba's gift and Jabba's message mini sets for the original set. :-D. IT WOULD BE EPIC![/quote]

maybe they will make a rancor pit that fits, Chamber of Secrets style
crazybirdman

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 am

Ton65 wrote:It looks great to me, only a bit dissapointed with B' Omarr Monk, a new mould or design would be nice.

I disagree. That original, brick-built B'Omarr monk was one of the best parts of the first set. Clever and extremely effective, IMHO. I'd be afraid any attempts to "improve" it would be similar to the attempts to "improve" the Destroyer Droids in each subsequent set, which, IMHO anyway, made them worse.
Mister Ed

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 am

Excellent minifigures and a nice assortment of dark tan, by the looks of it. I like how they shaped it to match the exterior of the palace when you flip it around, though the tower is kind of useless when re-creating movie scenes.

Nicely done playset. Add-ons would do it a lot of justice. I've never been a fan of the aliens or Jabba's Palace, so if anything this would be a cool parts pack.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby emmtwosix » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 am

Mister Ed wrote:That original, brick-built B'Omarr monk was one of the best parts of the first set. Clever and extremely effective, IMHO. I'd be afraid any attempts to "improve" it would be similar to the attempts to "improve" the Destroyer Droids in each subsequent set, which, IMHO anyway, made them worse.

I love it when LEGO uses brick built droids & creatures - just like this guy - for secondary or tertiary characters, especially when they come out looking so accurate. The B'Omarr monk is a perfect example of this. They nailed the essence of it the first time and there was no need to minutely increase it's accuracy by making an expensive new mold for something that is basically background ambiance. Plus, it's another opportunity to build something!
emmtwosix

Postby flash0222 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 am

Looks neat, 2 quick questions

#1:
In the first pic, who's holding the blaster on the left side of the hut?

#2:
Where's Han solo frozen in carbonite?
flash0222

Postby Draykov » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:16 am

flash0222 wrote:Looks neat, 2 quick questions

#1:
In the first pic, who's holding the blaster on the left side of the hut?

#2:
Where's Han solo frozen in carbonite?

1. Han not in carbonite
2. watch the video in the initial link
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 am

This set is just killer. I'm excited about the Leia minfig and Salacious Crumb. I can't wait to pick this sucker up!!
Gooker1

Postby darthius » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:49 am

Mister Ed wrote:
Ton65 wrote:It looks great to me, only a bit dissapointed with B' Omarr Monk, a new mould or design would be nice.

I disagree. That original, brick-built B'Omarr monk was one of the best parts of the first set. Clever and extremely effective, IMHO. I'd be afraid any attempts to "improve" it would be similar to the attempts to "improve" the Destroyer Droids in each subsequent set, which, IMHO anyway, made them worse.

I would say it was lazy and extremely inaccurate instead. B'Omarr monks are 6 legged creatures and therefore there's plenty of room for improvement. ;)
darthius

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 am

still bummed no rancor, and no rebo band. i think this set is a huge improvement over the original (especially in incorporating the exterior, but the fact that this is a summer launch without any hint of concurrently launched add on packs like they did with the first rendition, leaves me very doubtful of their likelyhood of making any in the future... looks like the only real hope left for that will be if they ever make a ucs palace, or a rancor creeps into the clone wars sets.
madLEGOman

Postby darthius » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:04 am

emmtwosix wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:...especially when they come out looking so accurate. The B'Omarr monk is a perfect example of this. They nailed the essence of it the first time and there was no need to minutely increase it's accuracy by making an expensive new mold for something that is basically background ambiance. Plus, it's another opportunity to build something!

How can representing a 6 legged creature with 4 legs instead be called accurate? How can you consider the loss of 2 legs as a minute detail?
darthius

Postby Ton65 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 am

I think the use of the Katana/Samurai Swords is at least a bit odd. Also B'Omarr Monk has a more spiderlike body than it is in the old and, if not changed, also in the new set.
Ton65

Postby itchybreath » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:19 am

BOUSHH!!! finally!!
itchybreath

Postby woodypop » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

Is there no slave Leia?
woodypop

Next

Return to Star Wars