Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Target.com clearance part 2

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: Target.com clearance part 2

Postby cowbug » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 pm

cas wrote:
legomason wrote:It's amazing how many companies are using Lego's Collectible Minifig blind bags: Megablok, Playmobil, K'Nex.

Megabloks was doing it way before Lego got around to it.

I don't remember the first Halo series coming out until sometime around CMF Series 2. Did MB have a series of mystery figur packs before Halo or am I wrong about when they came out?
cowbug

Postby Qzak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:30 am

Post-Christmas toy clearance aisles hit 70% off this morning here, all but 1 LEGO set (4644 Marina) & S5 minifig packs were moved off the aisle and only dropped to 50% off....WTH??
Qzak

Postby Whovian Zorker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 am

Qzak wrote:Post-Christmas toy clearance aisles hit 70% off this morning here, all but 1 LEGO set (4644 Marina) & S5 minifig packs were moved off the aisle and only dropped to 50% off....WTH??

After missing the half-off Palpatine's Shuttle on target.com, and seeing it at 30% off at the Target closest to me, I'll be happy if it hits 50% and stays there long enough for me to grab, even having to pay tax on top of it. (There were ~6-8 on the shelf yesterday around 5pm.)

Is the markdown on clearance toys generally Wednesday night for Thursday? I thought it was before opening or during the day Wednesday. (My information might be out of date. And it might vary by region....)
Whovian Zorker

Postby nyjpapi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm

The TIE Defender #8087 is currently marked down to $29.47 (30% off) on the website. If you use promo code TGTHTT5Z you will get an addition 10% off.

Anyone that has a Target RED card, will get an additional 5% off and free shipping.

Link: http://www.target.com/p/Lego-Star-Wars- ... A-11875524
nyjpapi

Postby Qzak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:23 pm

@Whovian Zorker

Normal clearance mark downs usually occur Thursdays here.
Qzak

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 pm

@nyjpapi- Thanks for sharing. I added it to the front page.

Much better deal than MSRP was. If it hits deeper clearance, I'll definitely be picking up one or two.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Doubtful that it will go on deeper discount, G-3. They'll likely be all but gone before another markdown hits. $30 is a great price for the part count, so if you want one, I say go for it now.

On another note, it appears that Thursday is the day for markdowns at Target. I don't normally keep up with these things, but I just happened to be wandering the aisles while they were remarking/reorganizing the clearance aisle today, and what little was left fell from 30% to 50% off. Still couldn't pull the trigger on the ultimate build Francesco, and all the good Ninjago and Atlantis stuff was gone.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby nyjpapi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 am

GIR3691 wrote:@nyjpapi- Thanks for sharing. I added it to the front page.

Much better deal than MSRP was. If it hits deeper clearance, I'll definitely be picking up one or two.

No worries. I picked one up one because I wanted to avoid the mistake I made in not picking up the Wampa set when it was on sale.
nyjpapi

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm just spoiled from all the recent 50% offs from Target.com and Walmart. I'd rather wait and risk it selling out than pulling the trigger now and risking it hit deeper clearance.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby markerpk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

In the Bakersfield, SoCal area, Target in the Valley Plaza Has some old Ninjago stuff (Dojo and the one with Cole DX) on half off in the clearance toy isle. Also saw some Atlantis portal sets at half off too. Had a few SW Grievous Starfighters on shelf but at full MSRP (maybe discounted next week, i hope). Even found a three HP polybags but they didnt even ring up and when I asked an asst mgr she just looked at the price of the other Lego polybags and said they were 3.99. I wanted to push the issue but was under time crunch. Lots of luck!
markerpk

Postby Bellicose » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 pm

Found about 10-15 SW Advent Calendars on sale for $20 in the La Verne Target.
Bellicose

Postby Whovian Zorker » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Qzak wrote:@Whovian Zorker

Normal clearance mark downs usually occur Thursdays here.

And apparently happened here as well. I didn't get a chance on Thursday so I stopped by Target late yesterday afternoon and the toy clearance section had dropped from 30% down to 70% off...

...and ALL the LEGO sets (including at least a dozen SW Advent Calendars and half-a-dozen Palpatine Shuttles) were GONE. :facepalm:

I would have loved an $18 shuttle. :'(
Whovian Zorker

Postby 1brickshyofcrazy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Went to one Target this morning it had a few sets at 50% off.
Star Wars Advent calendar and Pharaoh's Quest Scorpion Pyramid and Some Cars sets and some Atlantis sets.
1brickshyofcrazy

Postby Pellaeon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 pm

I found a couple sets on clearance at a nearby Target (Mountain View, Ca.) today... half off that old police helicopter set, and 30% off the brand-new Friends City Park Cafe. They had a whole bunch of them on an end-cap in the back, marked down to $20.98. Very strange, maybe it was a mistake?
Pellaeon

Postby emmtwosix » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Just spotted two 8098 - Clone Turbo Tanks at 30% off, which amounted to $83.98 USD. I was kinda surprised by this since there hadn't been any good deals on the Star Wars sets at the local Target up to this point. They also don't have any of the new wave SW sets out either, so maybe they're making room for those. And if you don't like the set, it's a great price-per-piece ratio with a pretty good part selection!
emmtwosix

Postby markerpk » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Well visited the aTarget today and found two Turbo Tanks at half off! I picked up one but left the other there. They also still had two Grievous Starfighters at 30% off (35 each). They still have a bunch off POTC, HP and seom old city stuff too. They may be cutting those soon. Ill have to keep an eye out.
markerpk

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals