Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Doctor Who building sets!?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Doctor Who building sets!?

Postby batsamd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:59 am

Not sure where to put this, but in case some one is interested I'm posting here.

I'm not a fan of Doctor Who, last time I watched was when Tom Baker was Doctor Who.

Did get an email which had info about Doctor Who building sets. Looks like there will be 3 sets.

I'm curious if Doctor Who fans knew about this?

Also, does anyone know who is making these sets, I don't see a manufacturer listed in any of the set descriptions?

Just curious to see if it's a start up like Hasbro's Kre-O line or if it's a long running LEGO knock-off that got the Dr. Who license.
batsamd

Re: Doctor Who building sets!?

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 am

Kre-O is a long standing lego knock-off making the bricks. The name escapes me at the moment though...

And IIRC the Doctor Who sets are also from a long-standing company. There are more than 3 sets though, a little digging will turn up the rest i'm sure.

I'm actually tempted to pick up the "all of the Doctors" set and a Dalek factory/army building set, just to have them
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:18 am

I should point out, I seem to have picked up a virus visiting the pages in the first post. (At least, those were the only pages I've visited that I don't visit each day, and the virus popped up and crashed everything while I was visiting them.)

So use caution.
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:20 pm

I deleted the links to be on the safe side.

They are called Character Building and you can view all the Doctor Who sets and figures on their website HERE.

They even did a life sized Dalek public build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6ab0nP ... r_embedded
buriedbybricks

Postby batsamd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:I deleted the links to be on the safe side.

They are called Character Building and you can view all the Doctor Who sets and figures on their website HERE.

They even did a life sized Dalek public build.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6ab0nP ... r_embedded

Ahhh! My beautiful links!

Sorry, didn't mean to cause problems, my McAfee scanner didn't say anything bad when I visited the links.

I just wonder if these will be on par with LEGO or Mega Bloks (the only two building systems I've used, definitely not impressed with Mega Bloks) in terms of quality.
batsamd

Postby Marty » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 pm

This is probably old news, but there are a lot ,ore than 3 sets on offer in this series
there is also 3 series in the figure sets and a special set with all the doctors in it.

Now as far as quality goes, it's okay, though on the console set, which was the biggest, I needed to add bricks to make it stronger, other than that it's ok. The daleks and cyberman figures look excellent, but the figures themselves are not lego mini figure look a likes, so remember this when you buy them.

Sets sofar released;

Small Tardis police box set.

Small Dalek control room.

Small time of the angels set.

Medium Cyberman conversion set.

Medium Dalek building set.

Large tardis console room.

New 2012

Silence time machine set.

Dalek saucer set.

The girl who waited set.

Escape from berlin set.

Tardis in transit set (Made in mostly clear bricks?)
Marty

Postby markerpk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 pm

First I'd even heard of these, but glad I know now! I don't care for the sets, but the cybermen, daleks, and even a few of the Doctors are in order me thinks!
markerpk

Return to General LEGO Discussions