Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

marines world record

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

marines world record

Postby mikado » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 pm

now heres a credit to a man in uniform
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugged/ ... 51814.html
mikado

Re: marines world record

Postby Prince Kahuka » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:15 pm

I was thinking that there's no way 1,091 sets is the largest collection, because I have 2,161 sets and I'm sure I don't have the largest collection (someone just south of me was in the paper for having over a million elements in his personal collection), but then I reread and saw that that's how many assembled sets he had.
Prince Kahuka

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

I guess it comes down to Guinness. There is probably another recordholder out there, but unless they don't contact Guinness, then this Marine has it. Good for him...until someone contacts Guinness. haha

I wonder if they have to be unique sets and not duplicates. Great story though!
Gooker1

Postby WillyWampa » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

I think Guiness should double check and look around the interweb a bit more. While this fellow has an impressive collection, I'm sure there are larger collections out there. My personal collection has approximately 1670 unique sets in it and close to 3000 sets total if you include all the duplicates. Part of the clarification should be what qualifies as a complete set. From the article it sounds like it needs to have all the pieces, plus the original instructions. I wonder if the original packaging is needed as well?
WillyWampa

Postby Rook » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

Weird that you'd need the instructions but I keep mine.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to General LEGO Discussions