Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars January 2012 Now Up for Preorder, Free Poster

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: LEGO Star Wars January 2012 Now Up for Preorder, Free Po

Postby eriochrome » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:07 pm

2012 Star Wars sets starting to show up in stores. My Meijer had them today in SE Michigan.
eriochrome

Postby naked rowlf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

None of the new sets say "In Stock" yet in the USA LegoShop...they just say "Pre order today". I pre ordered a bunch of the sets on January first and my order has said "In Process" for the last month...so I really hope Lego updates the online shop and these actually ship out today as promised.
naked rowlf

Postby cas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm seeing "Available Now" on all the sets except the X-wing on the US site. I would imagine they'd begin fulfilling orders today.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby naked rowlf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Yup...I'm seeing the same thing now :)
naked rowlf

Postby Bellicose » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Grabbed several in-store today...including all of the planets, since the packaging is exposed and I don't want to settle for destroyed ones later.

Kinda sucks as it was $30 I wasn't really planning on spending, but after seeing them in-person and knowing the carnage that goes on in Lego stores on weekends, figured best go now. Hopefully in the second series this fall, the packaging is re-done to protect the planet printing (even a plastic cover would be great).
Bellicose

Postby b4p » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:00 am

I preordered as soon as i read this thread (see first reply), but i have not yet received my order. That is the last time I preorder from lego. :S

The order is "In Process", and the poster is "Backordered". The poster is just an advertisment anyway from what I can tell.
b4p

Postby naked rowlf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:19 am

So much for "Will ship by Jan. 30th" :lol:

I'm in the same boat as you, b4p - I pre ordered the day the sets went up and Lego still hasn't shipped anything to me...everything continues to say "In Process". I also won't be pre ordering from them anymore...as it is, the online Lego shop is the very LAST place to get the new sets in, and now having to wait even longer because they can't follow through with their own advertised policies is just stupid.
naked rowlf

Postby cas » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:56 am

Honestly, reading the comments, I'm not sure what's the point of pre-ordering from Legoshop (I usually say this about pre-ordering in general). There are shipping costs, and clearly, there is absolutely no guarantee of getting your purchase in a reasonable timeframe relative to pre-ordering so early. And the poster, is that enough incentive for anyone, besides maybe the obsessive compulsive? To have something that's going to end up in a drawer, closet, or box somewhere and ultimately forgotten about?
cas
Staff Writer

Postby b4p » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 am

i ordered from lego for the poster, but that was before i saw the poster. the 10th anniversary poster was good, and I based it off that. live and learn
b4p

Postby mr_joshua » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 am

An update that may be relevant for some: I received an order 'update' that says my items have shipped (today). I guess this is better than guessing when my stuff will arrive. The only thing that scares me is its coming by FedEx...I really hope they are using that 'smart post' option. My luck has been horrible with the post office losing packages that were transferred from FedEx to them.

Does anyone with recent orders from LEGO know if they use this method (smart-post) now for shipping?

I just hope these posters were worth it...this will be my last pre-order from LEGO for sure.
mr_joshua

Postby naked rowlf » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 am

I actually could care less about the poster...I thought the whole point of pre ordering from the manufacturer was that it guaranteed that your order would be filled, plus it gives you a 'ship by' date. Clearly that is not the case in this instance. It seems like Lego has been getting progressively worse about this sort of thing, and every year Lego is taking longer and longer to finally release the sets in their online shop, while in the meantime they've been available in stores for several weeks. I'm just getting tired of this trend...Lego is the actual manufacturer of these products and call me crazy, but I think if you pre order something DIRECT from the manufacturer, they should be the FIRST place to get things in.
naked rowlf

Previous

Return to Finds/Deals