Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Post Approval

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Post Approval

Postby Asterios » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Ok this is in regards to new members posts which have to be approved before being posted, my question is who does this? I've seen several mods on after I made some posts awaiting approval and not one of the mods or staff approved a single post, who does this and why is it not being done?
Asterios

Re: Post Approval

Postby Draykov » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Lemme stop ya right there, hoss. You posted eight times over the course of two hours on your first day of membership. So let's get some perspective here:

- admins and mods can approve posts; staff writers who post articles do not

- admins and mods don't log in to check for your pending posts...there is other business to be conducted, so try to have a little patience

- mods and admins don't "work" here - it's all voluntary, so temper your expectations a bit

- lastly, maybe take a minute to familiarize yourself with the various topics in the "Start Here" forum

And let me just say, if this is your attitude:

Asterios wrote:Why do you want to join?:
because I want to join, and because I can.

...you might just be surprised about that last part. We're all here to have a good time, so my suggestion would be to not start things off with a chip on your shoulder.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Asterios » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Draykov wrote:Lemme stop ya right there, hoss. You posted eight times over the course of two hours on your first day of membership. So let's get some perspective here:

- admins and mods can approve posts; staff writers who post articles do not

- admins and mods don't log in to check for your pending posts...there is other business to be conducted, so try to have a little patience

- mods and admins don't "work" here - it's all voluntary, so temper your expectations a bit

- lastly, maybe take a minute to familiarize yourself with the various topics in the "Start Here" forum

And let me just say, if this is your attitude:

Asterios wrote:Why do you want to join?:
because I want to join, and because I can.

...you might just be surprised about that last part. We're all here to have a good time, so my suggestion would be to not start things off with a chip on your shoulder.

Well for starters do my posts seem like I have a chip on my shoulder? and whats wrong with my reason to join? I can't give a more specific reason since their is not much differant from this site then any other site, furthermore I used to be a member on the old FBTB forums (when did you guys restart ?), do I find it a bit irksome seeing mods pop on and off and not having any of my posts approved? sure who wouldn't, the whole idea of having posts approved for new members is laudable, but it also hurts you if you have no one to moderate them.

Doesn't take too long for moderation since my posts were not novels or such but short succinct posts, which brings me back to my response on why I want to join, I had to come up with a 25 letter message so I did.
Asterios

Postby Rook » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 am

I would imagine that's a temporary setting to avoid spammers.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to Suggestions