Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Ultimate Factories: Lego on right now

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Ultimate Factories: Lego on right now

Postby legomason » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Plays again later tonight.
legomason

Re: Ultimate Factories: Lego on right now

Postby legomason » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 pm

On Nat Geo :facepalm:
legomason

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 am

I saw it, and found it really interesting. Especially that the bricks are still all made in Billund and the painting is in the Czechoslovakia. The little "dog holder" they have to put the paint on the new dog mold is pretty spiffy. The show appears to be your standard "reality TV formula" show (they even have a "oh no, production's stopped" problem halfway through), but if you forgive them for that, it was pretty informative. 90% of what they said I'd already read in different articles over the years (like last year'd Gizmodo feature) but its still really neat to watch the whole thing in action. AND I was able to sucker the GF in to watching it with me, haha.

Side note: I tried to watch live but apparently NatGeo is part of the upper (paid) teir for my cable company. Thankfully, I found the full 45 min show on youtube by searching "national geographic ultimate factories lego." So if anyone else wants to check it out and doesn't get NatGeo, there you go.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 am

AND I almost forgot: one of the designers commented that the new crowbar is specifically made to be able to pry tiles up off the middle of plates. I tried it last night, it works FANTASTICALLY.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Inzane » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 pm

What new "crowbar"?

Have they redesigned the brick tool thingy?
Inzane

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:20 pm

new brick separator

The next modular building 10224 Town Hall seems to come with one in orange.
Gingerbeard Man

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

Is this new or the same one that aired previously? I looked at the one up online and it's one from a few months back I already saw.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Inzane wrote:What new "crowbar"?

Have they redesigned the brick tool thingy?

While the new brick separator also performs that function (with the back end of the handle) I was actually talking about the little red crowbar that first showed up with the new City (police with criminals) sets and is also the Riddler's cane.
JamesBenjamin

Postby Draykov » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, I can't even find a reference to an Ultimate Factories LEGO episode on IMDB, and while some of it seemed new to me (e.g. the production halt due to technical difficulties at Kladno), I did get some very déjà vu sensations while watching it. I think they recycled a lot of the footage from an older episode of MegaFactories (another NatGeo show).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to General LEGO Discussions