Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Fred Meyer Buy 2, Get 1 Free LEGO This Week + 10% Off

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Fred Meyer Buy 2, Get 1 Free LEGO This Week + 10% Off

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Starting today at Fred Meyer, all LEGO (excluding LEGO Friends and LEGO games) are buy two, get one free. As indicated by the picture above, LEGO Minifigures Series 6 is showing up at the Northwestern chain, making this an excellent time to pick them up. Other new sets are starting to trickle in as well, but don't expect any of the new Star Wars sets. This deal stacks with the weekly "10% Off Home" coupon making the deal even better. The sale ends Saturday, January 21st.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/15/usa-fred-meyer-buy-2-get-1-free-lego-this-week-10-off/
Staff

Re: [USA] Fred Meyer Buy 2, Get 1 Free LEGO This Week + 10%

Postby that guy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:41 pm

I called my friend in the NW and he went down there but the CM's aren't in the system as BOGO. He bought some other stuff no issues but was rejected on the minifigs. He was told that because they're a one time (the toy manager told them it was a one time ship only) item it doesn't qualify.
that guy

Postby cas » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Hmm, I didn't have this problem this morning.

Edit: I should probably explain what I did, though. I bought the minifigs yesterday and went back this morning to have them partially refund the purchase to match the sale. I dealt with a manager during the return. He did call someone to verify if these were/weren't part of the Friends line, then processed the return/rebuy and completed the transaction. If they weren't in the system, he must have overridden or processed it manually, but like I said, I had no issues.

Edit 2: My suggestion, if this comes up again, would be to press the matter. The minifigs aren't explicitly excluded in the ad and therefore should be honored.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby woodypop » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I just got back from my Fred Meyer, and I DID have a problem applying BOGO on the Series 6 minifigs. They did NOT ring up automatically in the system as BOGO. After a bit of discussion, the register employee did a manual adjustment, and I got the discount. Thing is, the ad doesn't say the minifigs are an exception, nor did the signs touting BOGO in the LEGO section say they were an exception. The only exceptions explicitly stated in all print materials were the Friends line and games. (I did score the 3 minifigs I wanted: Statue of Liberty, Minotaur, Robot)

The LEGO section was pretty scarce. There weren't 3 sets that I wanted in order to take advantage of BOGO. I did pick up Pharaoh's Quest 7326 Rise of the Sphinx, 'cause it was on sale for $35. Figure it'll complement the Scorpion Pyramid I scored from Target clearance earlier in the week. =)

Was able to apply the 10% coupon to all of the above. Thanks for the heads-up!

Will probably head back later in the week to see if they get restocked. Anyone know Fred Meyer's stocking schedule?

EDIT: by "BOGO" I really meant Buy TWO Get One. :x
Last edited by woodypop on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodypop

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah, I just got back from buying a complete set, and they DID have to call the manager, but they honored the deal. They really didn't have any good reason not to. The minifigs ring up as LEGOS, the buy 2 get 1 deal does not exclude them (it only excludes Friends and LEGO games) and, in my store at least, there was a big SIGN posted in multiple places in the LEGO aisle annoucing the deal, including RIGHT over the massive section of minifig boxes. I wasn't going to let them back out of it, but to their credit they didn't really try.
Mister Ed

Postby that guy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 pm

So my buddy sent me a photo from when he went in to get some of the CMFG's today. Interesting but they're actually calling them "friend minifigs" to get out of honoring the sale there. The manager wouldn't budge and told him that corporate had advised him to put up the sign.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/princehumperdink/6715961843/ I can't get the image to imbed. I'm an idiot...
that guy

Postby cas » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Wow, the manager there sounds like a bit of a sarlacc. If you don't mind my asking, where is this Fred Meyer located? As far as I can tell the FMs around my area are honoring the B2G1. They certainly haven't gone out of their way to put up any signs.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby that guy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

It's in Washington. Any help on embedding from Flickr would be great. They don't end their URL's with .jpg and I can't ever seem to find a way to get that info.
that guy

Postby cas » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Click "Share" then "grab the HTML/BBCode," select "BBCode," and copy it, then paste it and that's it.

cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:10 pm

What a moron. Given that the only LEGO Friends "minifigures" are the ones found in LEGO Friends sets, this sign doesn't even cover them.

They may as well just put up a sign saying "We don't feel like honoring this deal on this item, even though it isn't excluded by our ad. Deal with it."

I'm pretty sure he's lying about what "corporate" told him, unless I see similar signs pop up at other Fred Meyers. I can't imagine corporate making the decision to exclude these after the fact and ONLY telling this one manager...

How ubiquitous is Fred Meyer in that area? If that happened here, I'd just go to the next store. Sometimes it seems like they have them every few blocks around here.
Mister Ed

Return to Finds/Deals