Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Unusual Sets showing up after Christmas?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Unusual Sets showing up after Christmas?

Postby Marty » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 pm

I was wondering if you've seen any of these sets, I have been coming across a few odd sets that up until recently I hadn't seen much off.
10199 Toy Shop,
10210 Admiral's Ship,
And Diagon Alley
I thought most of these where Lego exclusive, but I was glad to pick two of these up and was wondering if anything else besides these has shown up?
Marty

Re: Unusual Sets showing up after Christmas?

Postby Draykov » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Unusual in what sense? Not usually available at brick-and-mortar retailers?
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby MisterFubar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:44 am

Online returns. That's the only time my local TRU gets any of the LEGO exclusive sets on the shelf.
MisterFubar

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 pm

I saw a Galactic Enforcer at my local Walmart, with heavily beat-up box, which they refused to sell me. Oddly enough, at least two other people from elsewhere across the country reported the same thing via Brickset. Thought that was pretty odd.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Coret » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:18 pm

That's actually how I got my AT-OT Dropship set. My local Target had it, but it was massively discounted. Since you can buy these things alot online but not in store, they will let people return them in store. Since the stores don't carry them usually they just clearance them alot of the time.
Coret

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm

I was told it was not in the system, so in 24 hours they'd put it back on shelf at full price (which they assured me was $140 by the way), but I never saw it again. I truly despise that Walmart. They had no idea what it was, but it was on the shelf.

A discontinued $99 set in a thoroughly crushed and torn box, and the best they could do was tell me to come back tomorrow and pay 40% over retail for it. I've heard stories where other people have gotten great deals from these random finds, but I wasn't so lucky.

I really wanted it, too.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Marty » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Re; By Unusual sets Draykov, I mean't sets that apart from the usual SW, mummy, space explorer & alien conquest "you know" ones doing the rounds at the moment, I still see the odd knight kingdom and the odd Harry Potter.
Sofar apart from the one's I've already mentioned, I've seen the Emperor's Shuttle UCS, I seen a modular firestation and some old SW sets, anything else, I'll let you know.
Marty

Postby natespizer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 am

I am looking to get 10210 Admiral's Ship, (10210-1: Imperial Flagship) Where did you see it at? Was it purchasable?
natespizer

Return to General LEGO Discussions