Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Battle Of Hoth Begins In February

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Battle Of Hoth Begins In February

Postby Staff » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:58 pm

3866 Battle Of Hoth

The word on the web is the second licensed (and first in the lucrative Star Wars line) LEGO board game 3866 Battle Of Hoth is set to hit the shelves in February. As a board game lover, I've really enjoyed LEGO's contributions so far and can't wait to get this one. I was fortunate to receive the entire Heroica 2011 line for the holidays and have already cracked open a couple and played them several time with my young son and I just know he'll go nuts for Battle Of Hoth, but he's crazy if he thinks he'll get to be Boba Fett. This game would be worth buying for the microfigs alone IMO and I must say LEGO's choices for licensed board games gets better all the time...
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/01/battle-of-hoth-begins-in-february/
Staff

Re: Battle Of Hoth Begins In February

Postby plebeianprint » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:54 am

So I've been meaning to ask this for a long time: Are the heads on the Lego game mini minifigs removable? If so are they normal minifig size? Novice question, I know, and I feel like I've asked it before, but I can't remember. Info is appreciated. Thanks.
plebeianprint

Postby Robzula » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:46 am

Nope, they're a single piece and quite a bit smaller than a normal minifig.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby sparkart » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:28 am

Amazing variety of microfigs in this set, even includes Boba Fett! Looking at the versus matchups - Snowspeeder versus AT-AT, and Tauntaun versus AT-ST, I thought the poor Tauntaun was outmatched, but then it's not an ordinary Tauntaun, it's an FBTB Battle Tauntaun.

Boba Fett, jeez, he has to be EVERYWHERE, but then, he is the most interesting man in the universe. There was a time where he had to appear in every Star Wars video game, like it was in his contract or something, heh. I wonder if he'll pop up in every Lego Star Wars board game. Sure, he belongs in an "Escape from Jabba (Ep VI)" game, but how are they going to explain his presence in "Escape from the Death Star (Ep IV)".
sparkart

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:54 am

sparkart wrote:Amazing variety of microfigs in this set, even includes Boba Fett! I wonder if he'll pop up in every Lego Star Wars board game. Sure, he belongs in an "Escape from Jabba (Ep VI)" game, but how are they going to explain his presence in "Escape from the Death Star (Ep IV)".

If this game does well enough, I'd bet the next one will be Clone Wars/PT themed. So, perhaps his dad will make an appearence.
buriedbybricks

Postby Flynn » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Geez, and I thought the sets were bad about including unnecessary figures...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Blacknight » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm

This 1988 one is still the definitive Hoth board game IMO (loved it as a kid) - these geeks are even using Lego minifigures to play it in place of the original cut-outs: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3548 ... lt-on-hoth
Blacknight

Postby jallenuk » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Picked mine up earlier today from Argos in the UK - £25

Just about to open and build it
jallenuk
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Any word on whether this will be available in the states? Going to Europe on a trip in April-May and wondering if I should pick it up over there despite the higher price? However, if it's going to be released over here, then I'm willing to just wait.

P.S. - anyone know if there is a Lego Brand Store in Paris?
etcknight

Postby mrfootball » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:31 pm

I would suggest picking a few up when you go overseas.
mrfootball

Return to Star Wars