Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Shop@Home End of Year Clearance Sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Re: shop@home end of year sale

Postby anakinisvader » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:49 pm

I tried to place a small order and it wouldn't authorize my payment. I tried 2 different credit cards that they have on file and no dice. Anyone else have the same problem?
anakinisvader

Postby MitchMitchem » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Wow...thank you for overhyping the entire sale...at least next year I can remember to NOT waste my time checking here and the LEGO site. Even BF was more exciting. Enjoy coveting the 20% off or less sales.
MitchMitchem

Postby onions » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 pm

MitchMitchem wrote:Wow...thank you for overhyping the entire sale...at least next year I can remember to NOT waste my time checking here and the LEGO site. Even BF was more exciting. Enjoy coveting the 20% off or less sales.

not sure who your comments are directed to but how was anything "overhyped"? a sale is a sale. if the discounts weren't as great as you were expecting, maybe you should set your expectations lower next time or don't have any at all.
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: LEGO Shop@Home End of Year Clearance Sale

Postby 316danny » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey, if people want to sit this out, that's just more available for those of us who'd like the items that are rather generously marked down. This is exactly the sort of sale it's been in past years - and once again, you're going to have the best luck at a local LEGO store.
316danny

Postby SonOfSolo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Yeah, I think I found the supposed sale finally. Not too cool. TRU and target tomorrow might be a better bet. Since they gouged people all year long they should have enough room to flip some sets for a decent price.
SonOfSolo

Postby MitchMitchem » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Pretty sure last year was 50% off...this year is anywhere from 10-40% off. With the talk of a "list" I was expecting a bit more...especially a list that had to be "taken down".
MitchMitchem

Postby MitchMitchem » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:05 pm

BTW...of the 15 rumored item I had in my cart...0 were on sale.
MitchMitchem

Postby onions » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 pm

yeah it had to be taken down because i published earlier than i was allowed to.

but hey, if you wanna be sour grapes about the whole thing, i suppose that can't be helped.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Bellicose » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks for putting all the info up, sincerely appreciated and I'll be making the most I can of it all in-store tomorrow! It would appear the Lego-US web peeps have the day off like everybody else...
Bellicose

Postby Telorc » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Yes thanks for posting the info, and thanks mentioning the ramses pyramid out as well, $3.98 is a fantastic deal for the bricks alone (not to mention it comes with a tan 32x32 dot plate) I looked at the sale with half tired / drunk eyes and didnt notice(Also i was pretty sad that it looks like I wont be getting an AT-AT walker at a reasonable price as toys r us and ebay have now marked it up insane high). Ordered a bunch making sure i used the website link hoping to get the website the referral it deserves.

Thanks for posting everything for us Onions.

Edit;
as it might be useful, here is the link for the parts list of the Ramses Pyramid set

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?G=3843&v=0&bt=0&sortBy=0&sortAsc=A

all those parts for $3.98, sick deal
Telorc

Postby 316danny » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:01 am

Telorc wrote:all those parts for $3.98, sick deal

Absolutely. It's surreal to see people complaining that the deals aren't good enough when a set that ran for $30 originally can be had that cheap. That's 86.7% off!
316danny

Postby onions » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:24 am

telorc: if you have a brand retail store near you the at-at price will be good there as well.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Cara » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 am

On my order Ramses Pyramid is listed as Back ordered. Here's hoping it doesnt get cancelled.
Cara

Postby Nannan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:54 am

Same here. I'm surprised those pyramids haven't sold out yet. Hopefully Lego won't be mass cancelling orders.
Nannan

Postby deco_droid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:39 am

MitchMitchem wrote:Wow...thank you for overhyping the entire sale...at least next year I can remember to NOT waste my time checking here and the LEGO site. Even BF was more exciting. Enjoy coveting the 20% off or less sales.

exactly. they could have at least clued us in like "hey, i've seen the sale list and it's not all that great". if i saw the list and wasn't allowed to say what was on it, that's what i would have done...
deco_droid

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:04 am

Some stuff was pretty good, but sold out quick. The larger Toy Story sets were a decent price off, for example. I think we were just spoiled by last years sale, and even at the time everyone said it was an anomaly. This year's is more typical of what we get.

Side note: Target did some Lego clearance this past Thursday, the prices didn't change when I went in today. Last week was mostly 15%, so remember to check this Thursday for good discounts. I got the pharaoh game for $5.24 (30%) and the meteor drop for $9.84 (50%). They also had the over sized Darth Vader light key chain on clearance for $7ish (30%).
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Diaaabo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:46 am

Just snatched one Tantive IV for 108€ instead of 154€, plus some other sets. When I received the invoice on my e-mail box, I noticed they had included a promotional "5000030 Exclusive spinner accessory pack". On my Order History, the item appears as "5000030 Kendo Jay Booster Pack". So I wonder if this might be one of the Collective Minifig like packs that are about to show up in 2012? Anyone else in Europe got any other presents when ordering?
Diaaabo

Postby Telorc » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks Onions, Unfortunately there is no Lego store anywhere near where I live. But apparently Vancouver is getting a store in 2012, at least thats the rumor anyhow...

And Cara that happened to me to, I ordered the second the sale came on but did not get a confirmation email til this morning (7 hours later) which said the item is now out of stock and will be delayed shipping. Really hoping it doesnt cancel either.
Telorc

Postby Cara » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:25 am

I also went to the b&m store this morning, there for opening. There was next to nothing on sale. Two mills, one carriage abush, a bunch of winter post offices, a few endors and the $1-2 dollar off games. Aside from the keychain/magnet sets, which they didn't have many of, that was it.
Cara

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 am

Just got back from the Lego store and I had to take advantage of some of the bigger discounts. Got 2 tantive IV's and dropship. Both were 30% off so it was worth it imo. No luck on at-ats. they have been sold out for a month before Christmas.
Gooker1

PreviousNext

Return to Finds/Deals