Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The LEGO Group and Disney Announce Licensing Agreement

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: The LEGO Group and Disney Announce Licensing Agreement

Postby chawan_cut » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 am

this all makes sense as lego has stores at all of the disney parks. i think it would be huge for both parties involved. this could give lego many years to cover all various disney themes.
like lego, disney spans generations.
chawan_cut

Postby BigBenKenobi » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm pretty sure this will end up being a great success for lego. I mean seriously...how could it not be successful with all the disney fans out there. For most people, disney is part of their childhood, including mine. I for one still love all the old and new disney movies for some reason...there just really awesome. As of right now, I'm somewhat interested in the possibilities from the agreement, and it could end up being a set line that lasts for a long time as well. I for one would love to see sets based on some of the older movies. However, I still can't get over all the hilarious subliminal messages disney puts in their movies (some of you know what I mean)...it's just one of the first things that stricks my mind when I think of disney unfortunately. Plus my friends and I were talking about this during commons period today for some reason.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby CaptMaarek » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:33 pm

Dude I'd love to see a Buzz Lightyear and Woody Minifig! heheh LEGO Potato Head? hah that'd be funny. Although I'd imagine some items might not be directly licensed from Disney such as the Potato Head... well only time will tell.

I hope they make some of the Army guys too they were classic!

I think it'll be a win-win.
>-< CaptMaarek >-<
CaptMaarek

Postby Marty » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:50 pm

This is interesting, Toystory?
I'm pretty sure that this will be a big hit with the kids, but there are other movies that could help out.
As mentioned in previous threads Cars would be one that springs to mind, Ratatouille, Wall-e, even Bolt which although wasn't as big in the movies still is a big hit with the little kids as I found out when trying to get the gorram dog!
I know the reason behind this is mostly for the new movie toy story 3 which no doubt will be a hit.
But for my mind, it's better to do a overall Disney theme based on their movies rather than just two themes, it make sense.
Just don't do race to Witch mountain?
Anyway Buzz lightyear, I'm pretty sure I seen a custom version of him, but no doubt Lego will do a casting (the top half) anyway, as too Mr. Spud, I wouldn't mind seeing how they do these but really the movie had it's time, Marty.
Marty

Postby legofett » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:35 pm

This may be in the wrong place, but I think tlg, if they can do Prince of Persia (which brings up religious controversies in a flash) They could do a much-wanted by fans viecle-rich Halo lisence? I mean think of the military Mocs :shock: , and M rating is No excuse Halowars is a T game, (that just came out by the way) it would also be minifig heaven. The vast arsenal of Halo- viecles will be a cash cow for tlg. The only problem I see is a Halo lisence crushing the original lisenced product, STARWARS :S btw:I think the reason they got rid of Potter was because church fanatics said it was "evil black magic"

On topic as much as I love ToyStory I could see a fight with the big baby of toy companies, Hasbro. Cars should get a system theme FTW. :D
legofett

Postby onions » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 pm

legofett wrote:This may be in the wrong place, but I think tlg, if they can do Prince of Persia (which brings up religious controversies in a flash) They could do a much-wanted by fans viecle-rich Halo lisence? I mean think of the military Mocs :shock: , and M rating is No excuse Halowars is a T game, (that just came out by the way) it would also be minifig heaven. The vast arsenal of Halo- viecles will be a cash cow for tlg. The only problem I see is a Halo lisence crushing the original lisenced product, STARWARS :S btw:I think the reason they got rid of Potter was because church fanatics said it was "evil black magic"

On topic as much as I love ToyStory I could see a fight with the big baby of toy companies, Hasbro. Cars should get a system theme FTW. :D

Holy Spell Check, Batman.

No fight would ensue between Hasbro and LEGO over Cars; if anything it would be Mattel and/or Megablocks. But i would assume that the megablocks license would expire by that time.

and just curious, how does prince of persia bring up religious controversies? from what I remember of the game, it wasn't very much driven by religion.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby 11Numb » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:02 pm

A. No, PoP had nothing to do with religion, unless you're one of those "lol magic=SATAN" kind of crazies.
B. Megabloks got the Halo license. Now if someone begs for a Halo license one more time...
11Numb

Postby legofett » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Persia= middle east :p My mom is religious watches religious shows, and you would be suprised on how angry they get over tiny little things, trust me! And what do you mean spell check Batman, I did'nt mention Batman :?:

I meant Hasbro will be mad over potato head being hasbo product, not cars. :lol:

BTW Mega blocks got Halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >8( >8( >8( :( :!: :!: :!:
legofett

Postby BigBenKenobi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:28 pm

legofett wrote:BTW Mega blocks got Halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >8( >8( >8( :( :!: :!: :!:

Holy crap dude easy on the emotions and smilies :S . Halo definately is too little violent for TLG to produce. I don't think so, but you'll always have people who argue against it. BTW, it's way overrated in my opinion, although I do enjoy playing it.
Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda
BigBenKenobi

Postby legofett » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:09 pm

BigBenKenobi wrote:
legofett wrote:BTW Mega blocks got Halo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >8( >8( >8( :( :!: :!: :!:

Holy crap dude easy on the emotions and smilies :S . Halo definately is too little violent for TLG to produce. I don't think so, but you'll always have people who argue against it. BTW, it's way overrated in my opinion, although I do enjoy playing it.

lol, I know I just think legos of halo would be cool.
legofett

Postby onions » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 pm

legofett wrote:Persia= middle east :p My mom is religious watches religious shows, and you would be suprised on how angry they get over tiny little things, trust me!

this makes no sense.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:53 pm

Generalizations are fun. :p
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby legofett » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:06 pm

onions wrote:
legofett wrote:Persia= middle east :p My mom is religious watches religious shows, and you would be suprised on how angry they get over tiny little things, trust me!

this makes no sense.

sorry i'm getting off topic :x Its hard to explain. Sorry onions.
legofett

Postby legofett » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Bump, sorry if I drove you guys away with my stupid mumbling. :x
legofett

Postby Duckman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:50 am

TLG... IF YOU ARE READING THIS.... PLEEASE PRODUCE DONALD DUCK and the disney gang.
This hopefully (not sure if they are all Disney) means:
Donald Duck
Uncle Scrooge
Huey, Dewey, Louie
The Beagle Boys
Gladstone Gander
Gyro
Daisy Duck
Mickey Mouse
Minni Mouse
Pluto

ICE AGE!!!!
Was Ice Age disney? If not.... then was it Pixar? Either way, come oooon ... do it do it do it do it

I will personally buy a few $1000 in Donald Duck sets / Ice Age sets if you do XD XD

... then, for the girls lets move onto:
The Little Mermaid
Alice in Wonderland
The Lion King
Duckman

Postby onions » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 pm

ice age was dreamworks.

not sure if we'd ever see the classic disney characters. lego's license with disney seems to be movie based (like star wars, indy, spidey are). there's no hint on classic characters as a theme. it would make a great bonus though, like if mickey and minnie appeared in the background of ts3.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Blondie-Wan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:46 pm

They've already done them, actually - they had sets themed around classic Disney characters back in 2000. The two themes there have a combined total of eight sets. Mickey Mouse is in all of them, in one form or another; several of them also have Minnie, and a couple have Pluto.
Blondie-Wan

Postby The Brain » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:47 pm

^^I wanted to bring up the above point, but Blondie beat me to it. Didn't they already have some Disney sets? What sort of licensing agreement was going on back then?
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Blondie-Wan » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm

I don't know, but check it out - they also had a whole line of Winnie the Pooh DUPLO sets, too (and beginning back in '99, no less, the same year Star Wars came to LEGO).
Blondie-Wan

Postby Old Republic » Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 pm

LEGO Black Pearl. If there is another PotC movie coming out in two years, this is a good possibility. I thought they missed the boat by a couple of years with their Pirate line, they just missed the height of Cap'n Sparrow's popularity.
Old Republic

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes