Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Super Heroes Unite! November Winners Announced

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Super Heroes Unite! November Winners Announced

Postby Staff » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

http://youtu.be/sIQs2ab7rFE

The final winners of LEGO's Super Heroes Unite! contest have been revealed! And they're mostly videos, which is a little one-sided if you ask me, especially considering some of the phenomenal entries that weren't moving pictures. Anyway, big congrats to November's 1st place winners, Kris Theorin (above) and Paul Hollingsworth (below), who will be getting their hands on the entire DC Universe line-up of LEGO Super Heroes and a maquette. Hit the link to check out all other winners including the grand prize winner, Dan Glasure, who also happened to be one of October's 1st place winners. I guess that guy's going to be loaded up on LEGO Super Heroes sets. Also, does anyone think they'll do another contest for this summer's Marvel sets?

http://youtu.be/_hbj7-3pEuQ

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/21/super-heroes-unite-november-winners-announced/
Staff

Re: Super Heroes Unite! November Winners Announced

Postby cas » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Curse you coding! Foiling me at every turn!
Please use the permalink for the time being to view the videos.
Were the photo submissions that bad the "judges" chose an overwhelming number of video submissions? I glanced through them and I know I saw some amazing things, many I thought were superior to the videos. I wonder what the selection process was like? I guess it doesn't matter, since its over, but I'd like to have seen a little more spread.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby andertoons » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:34 am

I was surprised at the number of video winners too. Not that I'm complaining... :D
andertoons

Postby danstraindepot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 am

Hello to everyone. First let me introduce myself. I was coerced out of the 'Dark Ages' by my two boys (or maybe it was just an excuse =). One of my sons just turned 9 this week, and the other is 11. Now we are avid collectors/builders. We are fortunate to have a large room to build in. I sell model railroad items for a living, and so we are building a lego train layout.

My boys talked me into helping them film a lego stop motion video for the Super Heroes Unite contest. Thier two favorite things, are Lego and Super Heroes, so I guess this was natural. We spent countless hours together building and filming. It was a great time, and will be a great memory. And I am humbled that we won GRAND PRIZE! Perhaps some in this forum were our competition, and we realize there were a lot of other great movies (and photos). Certainly some more polished than ours, this was our first video.

I also have to admit my 9 year old son was actually rooting for 'Batmans Day Off' to be the grand prize winner! But of course we are thrilled. :D
danstraindepot

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:46 am

Welcome to the FOLd Dan! Congrats on your winnings, two complete sets for two boys works out perfectly!

If you would be so kind, could you post some pics of the maquette when you get it? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to get a look.
buriedbybricks

Postby digitalwizards » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:27 am

Hi All,

I'm Paul from Digital Wizards. This contest had so many great entries. I am always impressed with all the creativity that comes out of LEGO fans, and I love hearing stories of families that come together to build these sets and make these movies, it blows me away. My 5 year old daughter helps with voices and set building and it's always a fun time for us to spend together.

@ Danstraindepot- Congratulations on your win- Your movie is excellent! I love the concept of imagination and how it came into play throughout your story. Your sets were awesome, and you let each character, have character, the lumberjack, the mime, the lil girl. I hope to see more movies from you guys in the future.

@bionicle28- I love how you guys incorporated the mini building- your cinematography was excellent, and your story was very well thought out. Nicely done.

Merry Christmas Everyone, I will post a pic of the maquette when it comes in the new year.

"The families that brick together, stick together"

Paul
digitalwizards

Return to Licensed Themes