Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Official Images Of Star Wars Planets Series 1

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Official Images Of Star Wars Planets Series 1

Postby volumex » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:08 am

It seems the SW Advent Calendar is not going so great? Well now they got this Planet Series to make up for it. I predict Lego will not be putting out a 2012 calendar, here they just sitting on the shelf's but thats cos its way way over priced!
The planet series will come and save the day!
volumex

Postby Scogali » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am

Not bad, might look good hung over displays, not sure...
"You Don't Need To See His Brick Collection... These Aren't The Figs You're Looking For... He Can Go About His Building... Move Along..."
Scogali

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:57 am

volumex wrote:It seems the SW Advent Calendar is not going so great? Well now they got this Planet Series to make up for it. I predict Lego will not be putting out a 2012 calendar, here they just sitting on the shelf's but thats cos its way way over priced!
The planet series will come and save the day!

Given that we've already seen images of a 2012 calendar, I'd say your prediction is unlikely.

But I, too, am looking forward to the planet sets. Unfortunately, I also feel THEY are overpriced.
Mister Ed

Postby Scogali » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 pm

At least you can hang them over displays and things like that, or off trees. I think that's all they're realy useful for, but that's all they were originally made for, the figs and models are just tacked on to play with seperately. Still pretty cool though.
"You Don't Need To See His Brick Collection... These Aren't The Figs You're Looking For... He Can Go About His Building... Move Along..."
Scogali

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:40 pm

So... worth $9.99 to anyone?
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:29 pm

GIR3691 wrote:So... worth $9.99 to anyone?

Great question. It makes sense given the rest of their pricing structure. If you consider that a polybag (40-60 parts) goes for about $5, and minifigs these days are $3, the extra $2 for the unique planet case isn't so far-fetched. $9.99 isn't that much of a shock.

Does $9.99 feel like the right price to me? Nope. If it comes with a little display stand, that definitely kicks it up a notch, but it still looks like a $7 or $8 buy to me.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 am

I most likely WON'T buy them until I can do so for $7-8. But I have no doubt that will happen. Fred Meyer has fairly frequent LEGO sales.

It still boggles my mind that they didn't have these in stores in time to make them the stocking stuffers they obviously look like.
Mister Ed

Postby Boyfromvalley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Well I'm definitely not paying £9.99 for each of these.
Boyfromvalley

Postby bigospedros » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:27 am

Boyfromvalley wrote:Well I'm definitely not paying £9.99 for each of these.

I thought that ... but, given the packaging, I decided I wanted to get them when they were fresh out of the box. The planets could get easily scratched if left on the shelf for ages, since they're proud of the packaging. No doubt, however, they'll be discounted soon enough ... but you will run the risk of damage.

Since the Battlepacks are now £11.99 in the UK, it's only natural that a set like this can be priced at £9.99. Simple inflation ... I'm surprised the battle packs remained at £9.99 for so long!
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby eriochrome » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 am

I think the Death Star one will sell. I will get one of those. Other than that I think they should be available at reasonable sale at some point.
eriochrome

Previous

Return to Star Wars