Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Pictures of LEGO Star Wars 2012

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: New Pictures of LEGO Star Wars 2012

Postby fallenangel327 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:20 pm

volumex wrote:Tie Fighter looks like a nice 'wing' upgrade, different scale?

It looks about right for minifigures:

fallenangel327

Postby lemons » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:51 am

i can't wait to get my hands on the jedi interceptor. 2012 is going to be great :D
“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”

LEGO Star Wars blog.
lemons

Postby Darth Jokar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Haven't been on here for awhile. But I gotta say my pockets are screaming. I guess I'm gonna have to get a second job. Super Hero's and star wars Legos are gonna be the death of me...
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby Dendo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Anyone know when we can expect the 2012's to hit the shelf? I have been able to pick up new battlepacks the last few years at TRU (yes - I paid too much) a few days before Christmas for stocking stuffers. Hoping to do the same this year.
Dendo

Postby onions » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 pm

february 29th
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Dendo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:51 am

That will make it more difficult in 2013...
Dendo

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:43 am

No it won't. The Mayans didn't plan for anything after 2012.. ;)
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:16 am

onions wrote:february 29th

Don't winter SW sets generally show up in most places some time between late December and early January?
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby cas » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Keep in mind (something I forgot about) that this year is different. Namely the release of Episode I 3D in February, which the merch is no doubt tied directly to. However, Feb 29 makes no sense whatsoever, given that Episode I is out on Feb 10th. By the time the 29th rolls around Episode I 3D will be forgotten in the minds of most film-goers.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby volumex » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:18 pm

2012, looks good for SW, if all of us are around! :lol:
One thing for sure is we will need to dig deeper, Lego has got to make up ground on various failed projects and shareholders dont want to here.... BUT, so expect to pay a fraction more I'm sure.
volumex

Postby Blacknight » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:16 pm

volumex wrote:2012, looks good for SW, if all of us are around! :lol:
One thing for sure is we will need to dig deeper, Lego has got to make up ground on various failed projects and shareholders dont want to here.... BUT, so expect to pay a fraction more I'm sure.

Lego is not a publicly traded company, thankfully, so no scummy shareholders to appease.
Blacknight

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:10 pm

djmangunz wrote:I posted this on Eurobricks a few days ago and I am a little surprised that it didn't find it's way here. Jedi News, which has a good track record of having an accurate list Star Wars Lego sets prior to their release, has a new list for next year's August sets.

Desert Skiff
Cloud Car
Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter
Felucian Fighter
The Old Republic Starfighter
AT-ST Endor
Jabba’s Palace

Link to article:
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5791

Let the lusting begin!

I would guess that the "AT-ST Endor" is probably one of the minis, since it includes "Endor" in its name. The Cloud Car could be too, but I hope not, since I really want a full-sized one with a Bespin guard (or two). The Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace both sound good, although I'd rather have another Sail Barge than his palace, since I missed out on the first one. I also wonder what the "Old Republic Starfighter" and "Felucia Fighter" could be? I don't really think we need more Jedi starfighters, but Saesee Tiin's fighter could be nice, if it's the orange one that had several toys made of it. Unfortunately, however, I think it'll probably be the green Delta-7B shown on the Star Wars wiki, which isn't nearly as cool looking. Oh well, even so, it should provide a cheaper way to get a Saesee Tiin minifigure.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby RfAurora » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 pm

THX 1138 wrote:
djmangunz wrote:I posted this on Eurobricks a few days ago and I am a little surprised that it didn't find it's way here. Jedi News, which has a good track record of having an accurate list Star Wars Lego sets prior to their release, has a new list for next year's August sets.

Desert Skiff
Cloud Car
Saesee Tiin’s Jedi Starfighter
Felucian Fighter
The Old Republic Starfighter
AT-ST Endor
Jabba’s Palace

Link to article:
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=5791

Let the lusting begin!

I would guess that the "AT-ST Endor" is probably one of the minis, since it includes "Endor" in its name. The Cloud Car could be too, but I hope not, since I really want a full-sized one with a Bespin guard (or two). The Desert Skiff and Jabba's Palace both sound good, although I'd rather have another Sail Barge than his palace, since I missed out on the first one. I also wonder what the "Old Republic Starfighter" and "Felucia Fighter" could be? I don't really think we need more Jedi starfighters, but Saesee Tiin's fighter could be nice, if it's the orange one that had several toys made of it. Unfortunately, however, I think it'll probably be the green Delta-7B shown on the Star Wars wiki, which isn't nearly as cool looking. Oh well, even so, it should provide a cheaper way to get a Saesee Tiin minifigure.

I think Old Republic Starfighter refers to Star Wars the Old Republic.
RfAurora

Postby Tyrant » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm

cas wrote:Keep in mind (something I forgot about) that this year is different. Namely the release of Episode I 3D in February, which the merch is no doubt tied directly to. However, Feb 29 makes no sense whatsoever, given that Episode I is out on Feb 10th. By the time the 29th rolls around Episode I 3D will be forgotten in the minds of most film-goers.

I wouldn't be so sure. January to mid-to-late April is usually pretty dead at the theater and most studios dump their crap or movies that they think can make it if there is no competition (like the Underworld movies, much as like them). There are exceptions, but they further the point. If something takes off in that time period it can really go the distance because it has no real competition. Releasing Episode 1 in that time period is a potentially pretty smart move.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby Flynn » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 am

Releasing a blockbuster movie in the late winter has been proven to be a financially successful move- it's one of the primary reasons Avatar and Titanic became two of the highest-grossing films in the US.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby cas » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 am

This is Episode I we're talking about and in 3D. If that doesn't spell cinematic repellent, I don't know what does. Just imagine Jar Jar's tongue lashing across the screen to the apple on Shmi's table. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island wins the weekend and Episode I 3D recoups the conversion investment in just under 2 weeks.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Tyrant » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 am

cas wrote:This is Episode I we're talking about and in 3D. If that doesn't spell cinematic repellent, I don't know what does. Just imagine Jar Jar's tongue lashing across the screen to the apple on Shmi's table. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island wins the weekend and Episode I 3D recoups the conversion investment in just under 2 weeks.

Yes, Episode 1 that is primarily hated by a certain section of the Star Wars fanbase and yet made over $900 million worldwide. Now, obviously a lot of that is due to there being a pretty big gap in the movies and fans getting super excited (to put it mildly). AotC took a hit, due to TPM backlash and AotC being not so great, but it still made just shy of $650 million worldwide. RotS was able to bounce back and make nearly $850 million worlwide. So, it's pretty clear to me that despite the very loud grumblings of disgruntled fans (who are entilted to their opinion) that plenty of people liked these movies. Throw in the new shiny 3D and the fact they haven't been in theaters for a while and that they are opening in the movie dead zone and I think they will do just fine. Not to mention, I'm sure Lucas had the conversion work done at cost since he owns the films and the companies involved meaning it was likely on the cheap. All they have to do is make it to Episode 3 or 4 and then it will be smooth sailing.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby StoutFiles » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Tyrant wrote:Yes, Episode 1 that is primarily hated by a certain section of the Star Wars fanbase and yet made over $900 million worldwide. Now, obviously a lot of that is due to there being a pretty big gap in the movies and fans getting super excited (to put it mildly). AotC took a hit, due to TPM backlash and AotC being not so great, but it still made just shy of $650 million worldwide. RotS was able to bounce back and make nearly $850 million worlwide. So, it's pretty clear to me that despite the very loud grumblings of disgruntled fans (who are entilted to their opinion) that plenty of people liked these movies.

I saw all three, but it doesn't mean I enjoyed any of them. The first one I was generally excited for, but the other two were just wishful thinking that the last movie was a fluke and the new one would be better. Let's face it, if these movies didn't have the Star Wars name on them...if they were a completely original storyline, they would have bombed. They did well because they had the Star Wars name on it.

Ep 1- 900 mil on the Star Wars name and some pod racing special effects.
Ep 2 - At least 27% of the people that saw Episode 1 wanted nothing to do with anymore Star Wars, that's pretty bad.
Ep 3 - 850 mil, but not really that close to Ep 1 due to inflation between the movies. Had Vader and a dark plot as its main selling point.

I'm sure the movies will do well in theaters, but hopefully not as well as Lucas hopes they will. He still thinks these movies are wonderful.
StoutFiles

Postby Tyrant » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am

StoutFiles wrote:
Tyrant wrote:Yes, Episode 1 that is primarily hated by a certain section of the Star Wars fanbase and yet made over $900 million worldwide. Now, obviously a lot of that is due to there being a pretty big gap in the movies and fans getting super excited (to put it mildly). AotC took a hit, due to TPM backlash and AotC being not so great, but it still made just shy of $650 million worldwide. RotS was able to bounce back and make nearly $850 million worlwide. So, it's pretty clear to me that despite the very loud grumblings of disgruntled fans (who are entilted to their opinion) that plenty of people liked these movies.

I saw all three, but it doesn't mean I enjoyed any of them. The first one I was generally excited for, but the other two were just wishful thinking that the last movie was a fluke and the new one would be better. Let's face it, if these movies didn't have the Star Wars name on them...if they were a completely original storyline, they would have bombed. They did well because they had the Star Wars name on it.

Ep 1- 900 mil on the Star Wars name and some pod racing special effects.
Ep 2 - At least 27% of the people that saw Episode 1 wanted nothing to do with anymore Star Wars, that's pretty bad.
Ep 3 - 850 mil, but not really that close to Ep 1 due to inflation between the movies. Had Vader and a dark plot as its main selling point.

I'm sure the movies will do well in theaters, but hopefully not as well as Lucas hopes they will. He still thinks these movies are wonderful.

StoutFiles disagrees with me, I'm shocked... I'm not going to play the what if game with you. Neither of us knows what would've happened had these been an original storyline. We could guess, but I am quite frankly tired of debating guesses with people that have an irrational level of hatred towards a set of movies. If you were disappointed, then you were disappointed. You, nor I, represent everybody and very likely not anywhere close to a majority. Most sane people don't go watch a third movie in a series if they disliked 1 and 2. You have only yourself to blame for riding that crazy train.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby dWhisper » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 am

94% of all statistics on the internet are made up on the spot.

Except for mine!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars