Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

Postby TheWigs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:12 am

since they are limiting the number you send from 1 e-mail address, if we add the 1,2,3 and so on how will you track the number sent for who sent the most? i still plan to do it, just wondering
TheWigs

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:34 am

Juuust out of curiousity, does that wonderful prize pack go to the one who sends the most, or is it still a random draw? :)
Gooker1

Postby fatflash1423 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 am

I think it's random...

I'm also not sure how many I've sent anymore. I sent a couple thousand the other day, but I'm not sure they all went through. I've sent several hundred this morning. Not sure I can compete for the most sent with the auto key stroke programs running, but I'm at least trying. Either way, hopefully we can get to 1 million before the 24th. I'm doing my part, and hopefully I'll win something too. :)
fatflash1423

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:09 am

I'm getting a website error now when i try to get into the site.

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

•Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

•Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
•Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.
Gooker1

Postby onions » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 am

as of 9:19am this morning, lego has saw fit to block my ip, and i'm guessing gooker1's and groudonman's as well.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:06 am

Time to hit up some free wifi hotspots to keep the generosity flowing.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby TheWigs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 am

I got blocked as well, since they are blocking us from sending the message, are they also blocking FBTB from clicking the links to give the tots the toys?
TheWigs

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:52 am

TheWigs wrote:I got blocked as well, since they are blocking us from sending the message, are they also blocking FBTB from clicking the links to give the tots the toys?

That's a good possibility b/c I can't even open up the cards I sent to myself now. I wonder if I can get into it tomorrow.

That really stinks that they've blocked IP adresses.

Just to play fun conspiracy stuff, it's as if they don't want to give toys to the kids! Kidding. :)
Last edited by Gooker1 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gooker1

Postby onions » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am

yeah we're dead in the water right now. i'm considring driving out to my local starbucks.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:55 am

onions wrote:yeah we're dead in the water right now. i'm considring driving out to my local starbucks.

I probably sent about 40 or so emails today to FBTB and myself as tests, then it got blocked. It sounds like they're blocking the # of visits, so that will seriously cramp us reaching 1mm if we can only view 40 per IP address. Of course this is all speculation.
Gooker1

Postby natespizer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 pm

I put a 10 second sleep function between each email attempt. I haven't been banned yet. You are probably sending at too high of a volume.

Also I am using 4 different from email addresses
natespizer

Postby onions » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm

it seems no emails are going out at all. i had buriedbybricks send out a few test greetings to various addresses with no greetings recevied. we'll stay on top of it and let you know what happens. stay tuned.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby goshe7 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
TheWigs wrote:
Just to play fun conspiracy stuff, it's as if they don't want to give toys to the kids! Kidding. :)

I had wondered how LEGO might react to purposefully driving the donation count up... I guess at a minimum they would give away polybags. Guess each one maybe costs $0.25 to manufacture. That's still a donation of $250,000. That only goes up if they were giving away actual sets.

Obviously they set the 1M limit and knew what their liability was. So I would hope they aren't trying to welsh on that promise thinking that they set a limit that would sound impressive but never be achieved.

I would guess it's that they don't want the site overrun with bot traffic preventing real people from enjoying and submitting to it. But we've made good progress in total numbers over the past few days. Tolerate it a few days more and the bots will go away. :)
goshe7

Postby onions » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 pm

yeah, i'm starting to have serious doubts as to whether or not they truly intended to hit the 1mil toy mark. their safety measures to protect the health of their server is severely limiting the progress. ip blocking is probably the biggest FU they could have thrown at us.

since the time i've noticed that i was no longer receiving emails, i've received handful more, so maybe some more are still coming through.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 pm

onions wrote:yeah, i'm starting to have serious doubts as to whether or not they truly intended to hit the 1mil toy mark. their safety measures to protect the health of their server is severely limiting the progress. ip blocking is probably the biggest FU they could have thrown at us.

since the time i've noticed that i was no longer receiving emails, i've received handful more, so maybe some more are still coming through.

You haven't been able to check them have you?
Gooker1

Postby onions » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

no, but i may have a solution in place. i've been told the counter is slowly rising so it may be working.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby fatflash1423 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 pm

How do you know if they blocked your ip?

My emails are not going through now either. I've tried from two computers. I also tried from my phone and they haven't come through.
fatflash1423

Postby onions » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 pm

i get the same message that Gooker1 got. important bit highlighted below:

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby agrahmann » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Does FBTB have a closing date for this giveaway? Or are we pressing on until we (hopefully) reach the 1M mark, and then the drawing will be held?
agrahmann

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars