Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Send A Card, Give A Child A Toy! [PLEASE READ!]

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 pm

It's been about 3 hours since I attempted to send some cards to myself, but they still haven't shown up in my inbox. Are you still receiving them, Ace? Can you tell if there is any sort of delay?
GroudonMan

Postby onions » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:34 pm

yes i can tell you there is a delay. i am getting 'new' emails that are timestamped a few hours ago.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

:lol: I guess the community is really getting the job done! Another 20k sent! We may get close to the million point after all! Nice job everyone!
GroudonMan

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 pm

etcknight wrote:But, at 30,000 per day it will still take the entire month to get to 1 million.

The count has gone up by 80,000 in the past 24 hour -- if that keeps up, you're only talking another 10 or 11 days.

(I think someone is getting Carpal Tunnel for Christmas! ;) )
AbstractedIdeal

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:25 pm

AbstractedIdeal wrote:(I think someone is getting Carpal Tunnel for Christmas! ;) )

I know I certainly am, been really going at it since the 1st. :lol: My arms enjoy it when I'm off doing something else, but it's been worth it to see the number of toys for those kids boost so rapidly.
GroudonMan

Postby onions » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:48 pm

i'm pretty sure there's a bottleneck somewhere. i'm starting to get the following message:

request unsuccessful. error.

which i've never seen before. their database, their script, webserver, mailserver, allocated bandwidth, something. oh well, i'll keep hammering away until we reach that 1 million.

a few other updates: i found out that the site will stay up until december 24th, regardless of whether we hit the 1mil mark or not. at the pace the counter is rising, i wouldn't be surprised if we hit that number before the weekend is over.

even if we hit the 1mil mark, you'll still be able to send e-greetings, and that's something I hope everyone will do regardless to spread some holiday cheer.

i also found out that lego will honor every click through. every single one.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby natespizer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:54 pm

I wanted to check if you have received a bunch from justin dot tomek at gmail. I test sent a bunch to myself about 2 hrs ago and haven't received them.

also Current counter FYI:
Toys Given!
natespizer

Postby HothTrooper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm

It's really great to see the AFOL community throwing their resources behind this. It's an easy way to get donations to a good cause.
HothTrooper

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

onions wrote:i also found out that lego will honor every click through. every single one.

Fantastic! We'll reach that million point, no doubt about it. ;)
GroudonMan

Postby Morgan19 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:20 pm

This really is an incredible show of community. I'm not sure how many different sites are participating or if the majority is FBTB members, but going from what, 1,000 last week to 128,000 today? In-freaking-sane.

m19
Last edited by Morgan19 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan19

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm pleased that FBTB and other AFOLs are throwing their weight (and clicks) behind this. Thanks to onions and buriedbybricks for the push!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby GroudonMan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Nine and a half hours later I have finally received the greetings I sent to myself. There is quite a bit of lag going on right now! :lol:

Good news everyone! While the current counter is 138k, my messages had IDs in the 200k! Great work!
GroudonMan

Postby volumex » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm starting to feel the lag, this means we have numbers, and these numbers have joined the 'force' in bringing up the count! Guy's this is amazing, the finish line is only about ten days away! ;)
volumex

Postby volumex » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:04 pm

mine is coming up with an error? Are we going to take down the server and blame it on Darth?
Sending E greeting I am, clicking twice, I MUST. XD
volumex

Postby onions » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:28 am

the site is definitely getting hammered. i'm getting a ton more request unsuccessful messages. i'll probably have to set off a script to go through all the old id #'s at this point. hopefully the web team behind the site can do something to alleviate the heavy demand.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Dendo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 am

I started seeing "An error has occurred. Please try again later" in the video player. However, it appears the messages are still being sent. Are they still being received?
Dendo

Postby natespizer » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 am

is the server down for anyone else?

HTTP Error 503 (Service Unavailable): The server is currently unable to handle the request. This code indicates this is a temporary condition, and the server will be up again after a delay.
natespizer

Postby GroudonMan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 am

natespizer wrote:is the server down for anyone else?

HTTP Error 503 (Service Unavailable): The server is currently unable to handle the request. This code indicates this is a temporary condition, and the server will be up again after a delay.

I am also unable to access the website at this time. I don't believe they were anticipating quite this much traffic all at once. :lol:
GroudonMan

Postby fatflash1423 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 am

I am having issues with the site as well now. It just says "Service Unavailable" I send a bunch this morning before it went down though.
fatflash1423

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 am

Yep... The website's inaccessible and I've gotten several hundred (and counting) "unable to deliver" and "message delivery delayed" bounceback errors from FBTB, stating the email address is unable to process so much mail at once... So it looks like there are a couple different issues right now, unfortunately. D'oh!

m19
Morgan19

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars