Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[POLL] STAFF Tie breaker poll for Final Four Bracket 1

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Tie breaker poll for Final Four Bracket 1

Poll ended at Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 am

ImageImageImageNiobrara Shaar and the Arkose VII
70%
ImageImageImageRaesha Ka-Lia and the Soul Snatcher
30%

Total votes : 10

[POLL] STAFF Tie breaker poll for Final Four Bracket 1

Postby onions » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 am

1 day to vote. go go go!
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: [POLL] Tie breaker poll for Final Four Bracket 1

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 am

For Pete's sake, you're making us vote on this one again? That's just cruel . . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Chief » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:35 am

i sincerely hope this isn't a tie..
Chief

Postby onions » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:24 pm

There you have it. We'll get the next brackets set up by Sunday evening. Enjoy your weekend.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Rook » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Wow, I half expected to see a 5/4 split. O.O
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Stardusty » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Arkose it is!

Oh man, the last round will be awesome!
Stardusty

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:21 am

ONLY 10 VOTES !!! I don't think the tie breaker poll was ENOUGH announced !!!
_nours

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 am

So sorry JD4M , your curves are beautiful... I'm ANGRY , only ONE DAY to vote, not very much announced on FBTB, ONLY 10 VOTES ! It's not FAIR ! You deserve much better attention, your prison hold is cool, the whole shape is exciting, much more than ...but you're still unknow, so...
_nours

Re: [POLL] STAFF Tie breaker poll for Final Four Bracket 1

Postby Chief » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:45 am

nours, it was a STAFF tie breaker poll after the public vote ended in a stalemate. Relax, bro.
Chief

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:51 am

Relax ?
I gave my vote and my time AND another people decide for the poll ? Please explain the rules...because the difference is really BIG ; first vote 59/59, second STAFF vote 3/10, wow!
_nours

Postby zhouston » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:57 pm

_nours wrote:Relax ?
I gave my vote and my time AND another people decide for the poll ? Please explain the rules...because the difference is really BIG ; first vote 59/59, second STAFF vote 3/10, wow!

The original vote ended in a tie, meaning we each got the same number of votes from the public. As per the rules, it is up to the staff of FBTB to vote in a tie-breaker. The window is open for 24 hours, and the staff place their votes. That's why there's so few votes.

And of course there was a different amount of votes for each ship for the staff poll, that's the whole point of a tie breaker. More than likely most of the staff had a difficult time picking which ship to vote for, and their choice probably came down to small details, bounty hunter mini fig, etc, so even though the voting ended up 7-3 it could have easily gone the other way.
zhouston
David

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:03 pm

I won't trust FBTB anymore, there's nothing about a staff vote in the tie-break in the first post...or am I blind!
_nours

Postby zhouston » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Well they might not have mentioned it in the post but how else are they supposed to settle ties? Should they leave the fate of a tied bracket up to one disgruntled fan?

I understand you wanted the Soul Snatcher to win, so did half of the people out there. But the other half wanted the Arkose to win, do their opinions not matter?
zhouston
David

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:02 pm

I wanted a FAIR vote, by the ones who voted in the first place: us, the people who read this blog . A democratic choice ( it's very hype these days !) not a STAFF choice by 10 people. I really like your ship AND your bounty hunter, I'm just mad about this totalitarian choice that wasn' t mentionned in the first post. Imagine, first round 59/59... second round 62/62 and third round 63/59 for you or for the other...THAT'S A FAIR CHOICE, not 10 people voting AND I didn't read this in th first post, it doesn't appear anywhere...
_nours

Postby ImpendingDoom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:06 pm

_nours wrote:Relax ?

Who is to say that because forum members split their vote that the staff would do the same? Its a different sample of voters. Its completely fair! By the way you worded your post it seems like your some queen bee and only your vote is high and mighty. It has the same worth as all of us.

My 2 cents.
ImpendingDoom

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:12 pm

"I understand you wanted the Soul Snatcher to win, so did half of the people out there. But the other half wanted the Arkose to win, do their opinions not matter?"

Their opinion matters...and I'd like OUR opinion matters to the staff by our vote.
You did a rrreally good job, I'm just angry about the staff and the way this contest goes. It was very difficult for me ...and for a lot of people to choose between the Arkose VII & the the Soul Snatcher BUT I wanted to choose, not letting 10 people from the staff decide for all of us.
_nours

Postby Legohaulic » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:19 pm

_nours wrote:I wanted a FAIR vote, by the ones who voted in the first place: us, the people who read this blog . A democratic choice ( it's very hype these days !) not a STAFF choice by 10 people. I really like your ship AND your bounty hunter, I'm just mad about this totalitarian choice that wasn' t mentionned in the first post. Imagine, first round 59/59... second round 62/62 and third round 63/59 for you or for the other...THAT'S A FAIR CHOICE, not 10 people voting AND I didn't read this in th first post, it doesn't appear anywhere...

The staff here are entitled to their opinion the same as you and I are. I don't know whether they voted during the public round or not, but if not, this is their opportunity to cast their vote. Just because they're the ones who keep things running smoothly doesn't mean that they have any sort of bias. It sounds like you would have preferred a coin toss to decide the winner, or maybe eenie meenie miney mo? Had this vote had the opposite result, would you still be having the same reaction?
Legohaulic
Best ASS

Postby ImpendingDoom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Dude, You did choose. Its because of your vote that there was a tie...So your vote counted. This isn't Berlin 1940 either, so you probably shouldn't make that connection.
ImpendingDoom

Postby _nours » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:24 pm

ImpendingDoom wrote:Dude, You did choose. Its because of your vote that there was a tie...So your vote counted. This isn't Berlin 1940 either, so you probably shouldn't make that connection.

Godwin point!
_nours

Next

Return to Contests & Community Builds